Thread: Sensenbrenner working on bill to dissolve ATF

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Sensenbrenner working on bill to dissolve ATF

At first I had to still my beating heart - then I read further. He would only transfer all of the means and methods to other agencies..............just business as usual.

http://www.examiner.com/article/sens...o-dissolve-atf
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-10-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    At first I had to still my beating heart - then I read further. He would only transfer all of the means and methods to other agencies..............just business as usual.

http://Sensenbrenner working on bill to dissolve ATF
    Sorry, link's not working... What's 'ol Jim up to now?

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...266361761.html

"Citing ATF's recent operational failures and its overlap with other federal law enforcement, Sensenbrenner is preparing a bill to dissolve the agency and have existing agencies in the U.S. Justice Department take on its duties."
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Fixed the broken link in the OP = sorry about that.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Centurion

Would they be saving money with this "elimination" by increasing the budgets of the receiving departments only by 30-50% to cover the increase in there UNCONSTITUTIONAL responsibilities?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Would they be saving money with this "elimination" by increasing the budgets of the receiving departments only by 30-50% to cover the increase in there UNCONSTITUTIONAL responsibilities?
    Yep - right after the tooth fairy brings you the winning Mega Bucks lottery numbers

Centurion
    Yep - right after the tooth fairy brings you the winning Mega Bucks lottery numbers
    Seems that with my luck at times, the Lottery numbers would be "winning" numbers, but it would be for the previous years drawing so would be no good! LOL
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Seems that with my luck at times, the Lottery numbers would be "winning" numbers, but it would be for the previous years drawing so would be no good! LOL
    We should pool our "winnings" and split the take

Centurion
    We should pool our "winnings" and split the take
    I did hear of a poor sap who did win a million dollar lottery, but it paid out $1.00 per year for 1million years!

And with this, I'll end this particular thread hijack UNLESS I am enticed not to do so.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

The ATF took what authority they have, from the IRS... The ATF is only really supposed to be a tax collecting agency.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    The ATF took what authority they have, from the IRS... The ATF is only really supposed to be a tax collecting agency.
    Well truth be known, the ATF is very taxing

Well truth be known, the ATF is very taxing
    Oh yeah.

Bad pun award...
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I always have winning numbers....those idiots at the Lottery just never pick them.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I always have winning numbers....those idiots at the Lottery just never pick them.
    In the case of the Power Ball lottery, the odds of winning, of your number being drawn, are about 200 million to one ("1:175,223,510"), that's of having the winning number. The odds of picking the winning number are precisely the same. If they were independent events - WHICH THEY ARE NOT - then the odds would be the product 1:4 x 10^16. That seems about right to me, pretty close to zero chance.

Because the odds are only 1:175,223,510, fools - like me - keep playing for The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-14-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.