Thread: CONCEAL CARRY PERMITS vs MURDER RATES. A STUDY

CONCEAL CARRY PERMITS vs MURDER RATES. A STUDY

Report from the Crime Prevention Research Center.
    Our focus on this blog is geared towards open carry. But I am sure many/all of us do have CCLs. This study is encouraging and shows that murder rates declining where CCLs are on the rise. Also what is encouraging is that CCLs holders have gone from 4.6 million in 2007 to 11.1 million in 2013 Author John Lott Jr:

http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...ted-States.pdf

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Really great data in that study - Mr. Lott does an excellent job of researching and documenting.

Going to bookmark this one.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Really great data in that study - Mr. Lott does an excellent job of researching and documenting.

Going to bookmark this one.
    Yes Grapeshot. I have heard Mr Lott numerous times when he is interviewed by Jason Lewis on our local 1130AM station. His resources are excellent. I am beginning to read this report and am going to give a copy to our local sheriff/ deputies and to sheriffs in surrounding counties. I think this will be a great tool for the Challenger of Pierce County sheriff's race because we need a public debate on this issue by both the current sheriff and Mr Parks who is challenging the office.

i hope that y'all are contributors. http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.org/donate/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Great statistics.

I've always contemplated campaigning for legislation requiring the presence of a CCW permit be documented and placed on the record by the coroner whenever a murder victim is determined, or by the court whenever a murderer is convicted.

Both pro and anti-2A end up promoting or bashing CCW holders according to their perspective sides whenever there's a shooting.....

.....Why not put it on the record so the actual statistics will tell the honest truth?

That way, when Bloomberg's bus rolls around, we can ask, "How many of those names on your bus had a valid CCW"? and "Why do you want everyone to be forced into the category containing all the dead people?"

man that red background was really messing with my eyes almsot had a siezure. Good read though!!!

It is a nice report, based on Dr. Lott's other published studies. No idea why they used that weird red background though - very painful.