• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CONCEAL CARRY PERMITS vs MURDER RATES. A STUDY

Law abider

Report from the Crime Prevention Research Center.
Our focus on this blog is geared towards open carry. But I am sure many/all of us do have CCLs. This study is encouraging and shows that murder rates declining where CCLs are on the rise. Also what is encouraging is that CCLs holders have gone from 4.6 million in 2007 to 11.1 million in 2013 Author John Lott Jr:

http://crimepreventionresearchcente...y-Permit-Holders-Across-the-United-States.pdf

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Really great data in that study - Mr. Lott does an excellent job of researching and documenting.

Going to bookmark this one.

Law abider

Really great data in that study - Mr. Lott does an excellent job of researching and documenting.

Going to bookmark this one.

Yes Grapeshot. I have heard Mr Lott numerous times when he is interviewed by Jason Lewis on our local 1130AM station. His resources are excellent. I am beginning to read this report and am going to give a copy to our local sheriff/ deputies and to sheriffs in surrounding counties. I think this will be a great tool for the Challenger of Pierce County sheriff's race because we need a public debate on this issue by both the current sheriff and Mr Parks who is challenging the office.

Superlite27

Great statistics.

I've always contemplated campaigning for legislation requiring the presence of a CCW permit be documented and placed on the record by the coroner whenever a murder victim is determined, or by the court whenever a murderer is convicted.

Both pro and anti-2A end up promoting or bashing CCW holders according to their perspective sides whenever there's a shooting.....

.....Why not put it on the record so the actual statistics will tell the honest truth?

That way, when Bloomberg's bus rolls around, we can ask, "How many of those names on your bus had a valid CCW"? and "Why do you want everyone to be forced into the category containing all the dead people?"

pyroman

man that red background was really messing with my eyes almsot had a siezure. Good read though!!!