• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of north hudson discharge of firearms

davidmcbeth

Banned
So...2 of the board members are idiots

One who voted for it: Colleen O’Brien-Berglund

Pick a freaking name honey ! Its a pet peeve .... I never recognize the 2nd last name.

either keep your name or change it ... I dont care which ... but adding onto it ... total ^I(&^#!! like I now gotta write 2 names for one person

JoeSparky

Centurion
My kids names are hyphenated.
And if the married one,who also had a hyphenated name would any offspring have Four last names all hyphenated.
Does seem a tad unwieldy at only 2 generations. After 4 generations doing this they would have 16 last names.

I think I like the old way where wife takes husband's name. It is much simpler.

wimwag

Your way is your way. I'm not bashing you or implying you're a domestic abuser that forces a woman to take his name or anything.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Your way is your way. I'm not bashing you or implying you're a domestic abuser that forces a woman to take his name or anything.

Hey, I don't care if a woman keeps her own name ... or takes the spouses last name.

But pick ONE ... you do not want to know what I call someone with such a moniker when they complain to me about me choosing a last name for them.

But that may be just me .. Mr. Sensitive

Last edited:

wimwag

Hey, I don't care if a woman keeps her own name ... or takes the spouses last name.

But pick ONE ... you do not want to know what I call someone with such a moniker when they complain to me about me choosing a last name for them.

But that may be just me .. Mr. Sensitive

Who says I'm married? We hyphenated the kids names because we aren't married.