• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New CCW Card

Redbaron007

Renewed my CCW this past week......got the newest version hard card...it's seems durable with no pix. Most county sheriffs should have the machine that makes them or should be getting one soon. No paper anymore.

However, the cute little clerk doing all the work recommended to keep a pictured ID handy if requested to present the CCW ID. She made a caveat, it isn't required, but could help. ;)

Redbaron007

You're right.........however, I believe she was trying to jerk my chain. She could have said the sun was coming up......and you'd probably want to believe her! ;)

kcgunfan

Don't want to give anyone the wrong impression... Clay county by chance?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

kcgunfan

Wow, we've got a cutie in Clay county as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Redbaron007

The clerks I've dealt with here have been very easy on the eyes. Although, there are a few others I've seen down there that you don't want to get ticked off at you. Fortunately, they didn't deal with the CCW.

SavageOne

Was there a filing fee where you renewed? I have renewed one prior time( at the DMV) and only had to pay the $11.00 for the the non-ID CCW card. Now there is a sign in the Sheriff's office stating there is a $50.00 filing fee for renewal. Is this the norm?

Redbaron007

Was there a filing fee where you renewed? I have renewed one prior time( at the DMV) and only had to pay the $11.00 for the the non-ID CCW card. Now there is a sign in the Sheriff's office stating there is a $50.00 filing fee for renewal. Is this the norm?

IIRC, the max they can charge for renewal is $50. The sheriff's dept here in Greene County charged $50; there are no additional charges; no more going to the DMV to get the ID card, the sheriff prints it off there now and it is as, if not more, durable than the DMV ID card.

OC for ME

St Charles County, $50 to issues a laminated piece of paper about the size of a business card. Cheap looking at that. It probably cost less than $5 to complete the process and done so in less than 15 minutes of effort. Took two weeks to get the thing in the mail. Not impressed, especially with the $50 fee.

Redbaron007

St Charles County, $50 to issues a laminated piece of paper about the size of a business card. Cheap looking at that. It probably cost less than $5 to complete the process and done so in less than 15 minutes of effort. Took two weeks to get the thing in the mail. Not impressed, especially with the $50 fee.

The new cards are printed immediate and are professional looking.

Redbaron007

Just to remind everyone I can buy a gun at a store (Cabela's), in and out in 15 minutes, background check done, no charge for the background check by looking at the receipt. But to renew a ID card takes $50 ans two weeks.

Here, all one has to do is make an appointment; they conduct the background check prior to the appointment, then one walks in, signs where applicable, gives them the check/money order, they print the card and out you go....less than 15 minutes. My initial phone call and appointment was a week a part.

From what the pretty clerk here said; they re-run your fingerprints and the NICS (or whatever it is called) checks, again...although you attest nothing has changed or no applicable restrictions.

OC for ME

Here, all one has to do is make an appointment; they conduct the background check prior to the appointment, then one walks in, signs where applicable, gives them the check/money order, they print the card and out you go....less than 15 minutes. My initial phone call and appointment was a week a part.

From what the pretty clerk here said; they re-run your fingerprints and the NICS (or whatever it is called) checks, again...although you attest nothing has changed or no applicable restrictions.
St Charles does not do this, the appointment thing, to my knowledge. But, I'll ask them if that procedure could be used?

I should have been more clear, 15 minutes to buy a gun, the BC is free-ish, and out the door I go with gun in hand. Two weeks and $50 to carry a gun that took 15 minutes to buy. Why is it that buying a gun is easier than carrying a gun.

I think I'll pose that question to the good sheriff.

Redbaron007

St Charles does not do this, the appointment thing, to my knowledge. But, I'll ask them if that procedure could be used?

I should have been more clear, 15 minutes to buy a gun, the BC is free-ish, and out the door I go with gun in hand. Two weeks and $50 to carry a gun that took 15 minutes to buy. Why is it that buying a gun is easier than carrying a gun.

I think I'll pose that question to the good sheriff.

Good luck with getting a reasonable answer.

Coach Ike

Miller County

Called yesterday to get an appointment to renew. Appointment was today at 11. In at 10:55 and out at 11:05 (at least 5 minutes was just talking after I had my new card). No fingerprints, no questions. Just signed the tablet and she printed my card. $50, but now good for 5 years instead of 3.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I expect that my county will be pretty efficient at renewals. Our entire sheriff's office has been quite good on CCW stuff since the beginning. Unfortunately, I moved and was up for renewal all in the midst of the unlawful acts of our governor. Just a few weeks afterwards the lawsuit was filed. *sigh*

I did not know that the new ones do not have a picture on them. Now I want to see one but I don't think any of my friends are up for renewal in the near future.

austin316bs

Redbaron007, could you post a picture of your new CCW Card with all sensitive or private identifying information blacked or blurred out? I have the paper permit, renewed in December 2013. They didnt even provide lamination and recommended that i purchase self-laminating sheets from walmart, lol. So i am interested in seeing a picture of your new card, if you would please, or anyone else. Thanks in advance.