• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New CCW Card

kcgunfan

I'm not sure there is a statutory requirement for what the cards look like, but it certainly appears that some of the sheriffs work together to design one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

I'm not sure there is a statutory requirement for what the cards look like, but it certainly appears that some of the sheriffs work together to design one.
Here it is.
571.101.8. The concealed carry permit shall specify only the following information:
(1) Name, address, date of birth, gender, height, weight, color of hair, color of eyes, and signature of the permit holder;
(2) The signature of the sheriff issuing the permit;
(3) The date of issuance; and
(4) The expiration date.
The permit shall be no larger than two inches wide by three and one-fourth inches long and shall be of a uniform style prescribed by the department of public safety. The permit shall also be assigned a Missouri uniform law enforcement system county code and shall be stored in sequential number.
The look is up to the sheriff issuing and you seem to be correct that the sheriffs got together and came up with a uniform design.

Redbaron007

Here is a news story that shows what the new endorsement looks like. Mine looks very similar and I suspect that all will look very much like the one in the news story.

http://www.kshb.com/news/new-missouri-law-changes-process-for-obtaining-concealed-carry-permits

The picture of the one in the news story is very similar, if not exact. There are images in the background to help prevent the illegal reproduction of the card, similar to those on a regular driver's license.

austin316bs

I went into my Sheriff's Office (Jefferson County) today and asked if they were printing the new cards on hard plastic and they said they were and asked for my paper permit and I was given a new one very fast, I was in and out in less than 10 minutes, and I like the new card :) I didn't like the paper cut-out permit at all.

xdmcompact

Mine was renewed in October of last year and looks like this one. It is just a piece of paper that I had to have laminated.

Attachments

• ccw permit.jpg
    ccw permit.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Redbaron007

Mine was renewed in October of last year and looks like this one. It is just a piece of paper that I had to have laminated.

The new ones are hard card; similar, but more professional looking, not just laminated. When you have time, run by your local sheriff's office and tell them you'd like the new card.....from what I understand, they will print it for you.

JEStucker

The new ones are hard card; similar, but more professional looking, not just laminated. When you have time, run by your local sheriff's office and tell them you'd like the new card.....from what I understand, they will print it for you.

Unless you're in Jackson County, then you need to try calling for a week, leave 3-5 messages a day for a week trying to make an appointment, stop by the office, find out they take a 2.5 hour lunch, miss them returning your call, try calling back, leave another message, finally get a call back, then maybe they can fit you into the schedule sometime in the next 30-45 days...

At least this is what I had to go through when I renewed mine in January, and I was calling 28 days before it expired. I was told I had waited until the last minute to schedule... almost a full month out, and I had waited until the last minute... :confused:

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Unless you're in Jackson County, then you need to try calling for a week, leave 3-5 messages a day for a week trying to make an appointment, stop by the office, find out they take a 2.5 hour lunch, miss them returning your call, try calling back, leave another message, finally get a call back, then maybe they can fit you into the schedule sometime in the next 30-45 days...

At least this is what I had to go through when I renewed mine in January, and I was calling 28 days before it expired. I was told I had waited until the last minute to schedule... almost a full month out, and I had waited until the last minute... :confused:

My response was just replacing their card, not for renewal, but to just get the new version as opposed to the piece paper.

Richieg150

Yes the two women that renew in Jackson county are not friendly and I got the impression they felt like they were doing you a favor by even seeing you to get a renewal. You need to make a appt. and its generally 3-4 weeks to see them. I know someone who last week went in for their appt., the woman came out a bitched at him for being late, it was 2:05, she said your LATE, you were supposed to be here at 2:00, he told her... I'm early my appt. isn't until 2:30. Then while chit chatting with her inside, he made a remark about the trouble of getting a permit, when he could just open carry..... She then proceeded to tell him that you COULDNT open carry in JACKSON COUNTY. He called me WHILE still in her office, told me what she said, I told him the truth, then told him to tell her to go talk to the human resource officer, I have dealt with her before and she was knowledgeable and friendly, a few office doors away and know what the laws are before she misinforms anybody else. Needless to say after that comment by him, she had nothing more to say. The sad part.... she is working in the Sheriffs Office issuing CCW permits, you think that she may actually care to know the gun laws in the state where she is issuing permits, or be schooled on them by the Sheriffs office... but I think that is thinking to far outside the box.

Jaysann22

Im not up for renewal for another 2 years or so. Hopefully, with MO Amendment 5, by the time I have to renew, I won't have to renew.

Hopefully by then MO will be an official Constitutional Carry State for both CCW and OC.

Keeping up the prayers! :D