Thread: 14 Year Old Airsoft OC?

14 Year Old Airsoft OC?

Now, I am The General Of The Defiant Few Airsoft Team. And Here in utah, Am I able to open carry a beretta 92FS Airsoft Pistol? Keep in mind I am only a 14 year old. Any evidence supporting your response is helpful.
    Last edited by Defiant Few Ian Maness; 07-10-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    As best as I can determine, such is legal.

Where one can discharge a facsimile/look alike airsoft may be regulated.

Caution must be exercised that when OCing in public no threatening or intimidating gestures are made.
    http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...ly-weapon-utah

Not at all sure why you would OC a non-defensive handgun though.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-10-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant Few Ian Maness View Post
    Now, I am The General Of The Defiant Few Airsoft Team. And Here in utah, Am I able to open carry a beretta 92FS Airsoft Pistol? Keep in mind I am only a 14 year old. Any evidence supporting your response is helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Keep in mind I am only a 14 year old.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-10-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Unless you look mature, expect to get stopped if the gun does not have the orange tip, or it cannot be seen.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I will say it, IT IS A REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD idea!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Its a crime to modify an airsoft gun to make it look more realistic. Buy one new and the notice is in the box.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

I am only 14, But I would like to exercise OC'ing until I am old enough. I DID however try doing this before I got any of these posts, I was stopped at least 4 times on my way to my destination. Thank you guys for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant Few Ian Maness View Post
    I am only 14, But I would like to exercise OC'ing until I am old enough. I DID however try doing this before I got any of these posts, I was stopped at least 4 times on my way to my destination. Thank you guys for helping me.
    Most of us carry for self defense, a airsoft is useless for self defense. And at your age I doubt if the bad guys will believe you have a real gun, and the police will assume you have a real gun and harass you. Depending on the laws in your state and local laws you may be able to OC a fixed blade knife.

I OC'd a large knife and a BP antique revolver at your age, but that was on a farm/private property. And 45 years ago people were not so anal seeing a gun. If you really want to defend yourself until you are older check into laws for carrying bear spray, that with a knife should deter most bad guys. If you still insist on carrying the airsoft, you should still consider the bear spray. Bear spray usually sprays a further distance than police pepper spray, though the concentration is usually higher on the police spray.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Yes, I am sorry to agree this is a bad idea. I know it isn't California, but there are far far too many con's to any pro's about it.
    To concur with other posts, check out laws on fixed blades. I personally carry pepper spay in addition to my sidearm, specifically because I am a dog person. Nothing pansy about it.
    And please don't take offense when I state my opinion that the only people you -may- impress with OC of an air soft pistol is going to be, well, children. Practicing at home or on field while getting used to the feel of the 'weapon' on your hip is one thing. Public places you are asking for trouble. Unless of course that is what you are after!
    Good luck young man

Even a large Buck folder in a holster OC'd would be better than an airsoft, if it is legal.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I would advise against it but you are going to do what you like to do. I have been OCing since I was 18 and am 22 now. I am also very heavy into airsoft. Since an airsoft pistol will provide no purpose in a defensive situation I'd say leave it at home. Carry a pocket knife or OC spray if it is legal for you to do so. Now if you are at a big event and want to go eat at the Mcdonald's across the street and it isn't illegal to keep that pistol on you while you do it go for it. We never removed our gear or sidearms when grabbing some grub. Too much work.