• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

14 Year Old Airsoft OC?

Now, I am The General Of The Defiant Few Airsoft Team. And Here in utah, Am I able to open carry a beretta 92FS Airsoft Pistol? Keep in mind I am only a 14 year old. Any evidence supporting your response is helpful.

Last edited:

wimwag

Its a crime to modify an airsoft gun to make it look more realistic. Buy one new and the notice is in the box.

Not at all sure why you would OC a non-defensive handgun though.

I am only 14, But I would like to exercise OC'ing until I am old enough. I DID however try doing this before I got any of these posts, I was stopped at least 4 times on my way to my destination. Thank you guys for helping me.

WalkingWolf

I am only 14, But I would like to exercise OC'ing until I am old enough. I DID however try doing this before I got any of these posts, I was stopped at least 4 times on my way to my destination. Thank you guys for helping me.

Most of us carry for self defense, a airsoft is useless for self defense. And at your age I doubt if the bad guys will believe you have a real gun, and the police will assume you have a real gun and harass you. Depending on the laws in your state and local laws you may be able to OC a fixed blade knife.

I OC'd a large knife and a BP antique revolver at your age, but that was on a farm/private property. And 45 years ago people were not so anal seeing a gun. If you really want to defend yourself until you are older check into laws for carrying bear spray, that with a knife should deter most bad guys. If you still insist on carrying the airsoft, you should still consider the bear spray. Bear spray usually sprays a further distance than police pepper spray, though the concentration is usually higher on the police spray.

FattyKrack

Yes, I am sorry to agree this is a bad idea. I know it isn't California, but there are far far too many con's to any pro's about it.
To concur with other posts, check out laws on fixed blades. I personally carry pepper spay in addition to my sidearm, specifically because I am a dog person. Nothing pansy about it.
And please don't take offense when I state my opinion that the only people you -may- impress with OC of an air soft pistol is going to be, well, children. Practicing at home or on field while getting used to the feel of the 'weapon' on your hip is one thing. Public places you are asking for trouble. Unless of course that is what you are after!
Good luck young man :)

HolyOrangeJuice

I would advise against it but you are going to do what you like to do. I have been OCing since I was 18 and am 22 now. I am also very heavy into airsoft. Since an airsoft pistol will provide no purpose in a defensive situation I'd say leave it at home. Carry a pocket knife or OC spray if it is legal for you to do so. Now if you are at a big event and want to go eat at the Mcdonald's across the street and it isn't illegal to keep that pistol on you while you do it go for it. We never removed our gear or sidearms when grabbing some grub. Too much work.