Thread: Huff post writer at the range with Whatcom County OC

Huff post writer at the range with Whatcom County OC

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-...cs&ir=Politics

Last month I did something I'd done only once before: I went to a range and shot some guns. Lots of guns. All shapes, ages and sizes.

This is a very strange thing to do for a guy born British. Guns feature nowhere in British culture.

Accordingly, I was unsurprised by the reaction of my mother when I called home and told her that I'd had a great time learning about firearms and discovering I wasn't a bad shot, even with a World War II Enfield. "That's the last thing I'd ever imagine you'd enjoy doing," she said to me. She wasn't being judgmental: It was an expression of genuine surprise.

"That's because you just can't imagine why nice or normal people would enjoy guns," I replied. "Because you don't know any. No Brits know any."

SVG and I spent three and a half hours shooting with this guy. He was great. I really like the bold part above. Now that is a sig line

Details start at post #1117 on Whatcom County subpage
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 07-10-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelig
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    We had a great weekend. Nice mug shot John!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Probably the best article I have ever seen at huffpo.

Quote Originally Posted by canvasbck View Post
    Probably the best article I have ever seen at huffpo.
    Huffpo is a mixed bag, some content is really good, some is pretty bad.

I like the sound of this article, but my apple product hates the huffpo site and has problems loading it.......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Huffpo is a mixed bag, some content is really good, some is pretty bad.

I like the sound of this article, but my apple product hates the huffpo site and has problems loading it.......
    Read fine on our apple products.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Your problem might be using a mobile device that is run by an OS that has less than 20% marketshare. If someone were designing a webpage, why would they care how it loaded in mobile safari?

http://www.gsgtelco.com/wp-content/u...re-q4-2013.jpg

In a couple years iphones and ipads will be like blackberries today.

Excellent article. Too bad I can't get my crappy apple to download the comments, after taking forever to download the article
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Your problem might be using a mobile device that is run by an OS that has less than 20% marketshare. If someone were designing a webpage, why would they care how it loaded in mobile safari?

http://www.gsgtelco.com/wp-content/u...re-q4-2013.jpg

In a couple years iphones and ipads will be like blackberries today.
    20% of market share in 2014 has got to be tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of devices, that's like saying there's no point selling motor oil for Nissan since they're only 15% of the car market...

NRA Member

The ole reverse 'C' body position. Placed too high on the shoulder, head too far back from the rear sight. Other than that seems like a grand time was had by all.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare