Thread: I need help on finding the android recording service mentioned here.

I need help on finding the android recording service mentioned here.

I read about it over a year ago there is supposed to be a service that allows me to record and it is kept so the antagonist L.E. can't take my phone and erase evidence while having me detained. Yes I know about the Supreme court by many LE officers do not follow the rule of law when doing so benefits them. Does anyone know the name of this service and any details, comments, ratings on how it works?

Thanks in advance.

I think you are talking about Qik, which has been discontinued. Try Bambuser.

Bambuser seems a bit pricey, from $45.00 per month.

Okay thanks much. I bought a Sony ICD-Px333 digital recorder and I also found out just after I bought it that the android store has an app that also records. So if I have a not so supportive LE encounter then I can have 3 recordings if in the truck, or 2 recordings when not in the truck. My truck has a dash cam that records audio and video. It seems the Sony works well and the addition of the 16 Gigabyte SDHC card gives me 4294 hours (8 KBPS) of standard recording and has a SHQ mode (192 KBPS) that sounds really nice and has a ambient noise removal process. My testing it proves it works great. Not bad for the $59.99 at Walmart I paid. Using the SHQ mode (Super high quality?) it gives me 44 hours 40 minutes. It came with a USB cable and batteries.

The android app I found to be best is called "Audio recorder" and seems to work pretty okay.

For those who want a cheap and really effective dash cam I got mine on Ebay. I will enclose a link, and I have had this for over a year and cost me $59.99 also. It has 1080P and 720P modes and adding a Ultra SDHC (I thinks its called.. the fastest SD card) and the video quality is really nice. See the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-120-720P...item1e8b722668

Thanks for the suggestions and information both of you. I added a few here myself hope it helps.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    nothing can truly be deleted from memory. unless they steal the camera or the memory card, it can be recovered.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Bambuser is free and a good idea.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bambuser

Bambuser is free to use for private persons and representatives of charities. Commercial use is allowed but requires purchase of a premium subscription
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I use FivoFilm. It uploads it to your Dropbox immediately.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Thanks Much Michigander I have it installed, and it works great and is actually FREE for private users as you stated.

Between Bambuser, my dash cam/w sound and DVR, and the Sony Pocket recorder I think I am covered lol.

Thanks again everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Bambuser is free and a good idea.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bambuser

Bambuser is free to use for private persons and representatives of charities. Commercial use is allowed but requires purchase of a premium subscription

Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    For those who want a cheap and really effective dash cam I got mine on Ebay. I will enclose a link, and I have had this for over a year and cost me $59.99 also. It has 1080P and 720P modes and adding a Ultra SDHC (I thinks its called.. the fastest SD card) and the video quality is really nice.
    alphamale, I checked out the car camera. It seems that the camera will turn on and off with the car. Is there a way to keep the camera running while the car is turned off? Otherwise, if the LEO requests that the car be turned off during a traffic stop it will result in most of the encounter not being recorded at all.
    Last edited by OC4me; 08-21-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    alphamale, I checked out the car camera. It seems that the camera will turn on and off with the car. Is there a way to keep the camera running while the car is turned off? Otherwise, if the LEO requests that the car be turned off during a traffic stop it will result in most of the encounter not being recorded at all.
    I would suggest hooking it up to a constant power source such as your car lighter, or your radio memory. Then turn it on and off manually...
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

I know someone who has a dashcam that stays on for 30 minutes after the car is shut off. I'll ask what camera he's got.

Here it is

If it is plugged into your "power port" (We used to call them cigarette lighters.) you need to get a GM vehicle or something else where the power port isn't disabled when you turn off the car. My wife's Kia shuts down the power port when the car is turned off; my Chevy truck doesn't.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    If it is plugged into your "power port" (We used to call them cigarette lighters.) you need to get a GM vehicle or something else where the power port isn't disabled when you turn off the car. My wife's Kia shuts down the power port when the car is turned off; my Chevy truck doesn't.
    I have two in my Mazda. the one in the armrest is constant power, but the one on the center console has no power when the car is off.

Banned
    I've never had a cop's testimony sink me in court ... they generally give bad testimony .. they're simply not good at doing it

Now if in those same cases they had video I would have been sunk ....

So I rarely record ... about the only things I do is FOIA requests done verbally .. and when I question politicians (comical sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I've never had a cop's testimony sink me in court ... they generally give bad testimony .. they're simply not good at doing it

So I rarely record ... about the only things I do is FOIA requests done verbally .. and when I question politicians (comical sometimes)
    Dave- don't give bad advice please. The more data any person has the better off they are if they have to go to court. Bad officers lie, steal & cheat. Much harder to do when the defendant can produce proof of their criminal behavior while wearing the badge. Nothing a jury hates worse than a cop who has just been exposed as lying to them! 8)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Hmm interesting...So you are lying in court? Cameras and voice recorders don't lie. So if they would have had video you would have been sunk, but because they didn't you were able to lie to the courts.