• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sc beach for weekend , what's the gun laws?

J-SiN

Heading to garden city for he weekend
I know sc is not open carry so what do I do?
I don't have a ccw

Anyone familiar ?

J-SiN

Ok so in the glovebox is ok and to and from the room
Just can't carry it on my person at all withoit a ccw
Correct ?

drsysadmin

Correct. Basically, it will be secured in your car when your not at your beach accommodation. When in your rental/hotel room/ etc. - it will be in your room.

Technically, since you are the legal "possessor" of the room/cabin - you should be able to carry it openly on your person only while inside the confines of that room/cabin. You can't walk outside or into a hallway with it.

drsysadmin

Actually I suspect SC will continue to try to move forward with relaxing gun carry laws. There have been some attempts and they gain ground every time.

As for NC - As long as we stay watchful and hold our ground - I don't see the anti's ever being successful in NC

solus

nightmare, your sc grass roots website seems to be a tad outdated, in some cases by three years and others pages since 2008...
2011 Gun Shows and GrassRoots
or
Copyright © 2008 GrassRoots GunRights of SCYour Name.
Last Updated April 17, 2008

Copyright © 2009 GrassRoots GunRights of SC.
Last Updated August 2009

email sc mark sanford? left office in 2011

just saying glad you posted the outdated stuff tho...

ipse

Last edited:

XD40sc

Whatever your thoughts on getting a CHP, and I know some chaff at the idea of paying the man for permission to carry, which is really down right silly and stubborn to a fault compared to not being able to have your gun with you to defend your life.

Want a constitutional CC, you're not going to accomplish it by refusing to apply for a CHP.

razor_baghdad

nightmare, your sc grass roots website seems to be a tad outdated, in some cases by three years and others pages since 2008...
2011 Gun Shows and GrassRoots
or
Copyright © 2008 GrassRoots GunRights of SCYour Name.
Last Updated April 17, 2008

Copyright © 2009 GrassRoots GunRights of SC.
Last Updated August 2009

email sc mark sanford? left office in 2011

just saying glad you posted the outdated stuff tho...

ipse

sooooo.....in the time it took you to look up the info and type out your sarcastic "IPSE" response...you could've looked up some information that actually helped the OP..."just saying glad you posted the outdated stuff tho"...get some frign SA. You are not dealing with children here who do not see the assholism in your responses....and regularly.
Read, re-read, and back off and re-read again before you hit submit reply. We're all on the same side here. You make half of us want to ignore your posts because you think you're a know it all, an Admin, or a Mod.

Glad you posted a bunch of BS that helps NO-ONE......ipse, you made my point.

Good luck in SC J-SIN. SC is not gun friendly. You've already seen some good links to the mentality you'll see there.

dmatting

Hope you had a good time. I just got back from Myrtle Beach. I have my CHP and was able to carry. Not as comfortable as OC and I had to get a new holster so I could carry. Not a bad one for what it does. I also brought my lockable gun case with me so I could lock my pistol up in the truck while we were at the pool or the beach. I don't trust the safes in those rooms very much.

solus

so razor, from your perspective, my post about nightmare's posted information was sarcasm with nightmare stating my post was based on ignorance.

well, the information posted by nightmare which stated:

quote That is not so! The only effective grassroots, i.e., unaffiliated, gun rights groups is evidently still under court order in an anction (sic) brought by the Loonies. South Carolina is firmly in the grip of its affiliated gun group Gun Owners of SC. You do not know what you are about. unquote.

and nightmare posted a link to support his hyperbole statement to show the information as viable, and is informative to the OP in response to their query.

being SC's neighbour and a regular and active traveler to those states around me, i was interested in discerning further viable information for my own edification.

lo & behold, i find nightmare's cite they posted showed a horribly outdated website which in no way supported his comments, thus causing misleading information being posted. what you perceive as sarcasm on my part, was, in fact, substantiation and collaboration to my post's initial statement to save others the time to validate for themselves my statement. just clicking on each page was significantly outdated and thus worthless information to the question at hand.

razor, while i appreciate your concern on how i spend my time, however, it is my contention, those who post should provide substantiated and viable information instead of personal and biased hyperbole for those readers who might not take the time to validate the information presented.

you may of course not waste your time reading my post and take nightmare's post as Gospel, i for one will stick my hand in His side to validate what i am seeing.

ipse

addendum: it appears SC as backward as TX and therefore will CC upon any trips south

Last edited:

drsysadmin

sooooo.....in the time it took you to look up the info and type out your sarcastic "IPSE" response...you could've looked up some information that actually helped the OP..."just saying glad you posted the outdated stuff tho"...get some frign SA. You are not dealing with children here who do not see the assholism in your responses....and regularly.
Get offended much? I don't think I have agreed much with solus, but that doesn't mean I am uber-sensative. In this case - he was pointing out a logical and real flaw with Nightmare's posting. We are supposedly all adults, so don't take things so personal. Remember - tone is hard to convey in the written word.

Read, re-read, and back off and re-read again before you hit submit reply.
Might want to do the same yourself....

We're all on the same side here. You make half of us want to ignore your posts because you think you're a know it all, an Admin, or a Mod.
Yes, solus does come across badly at times. But we are all on the same side, generally speaking. Thus - pointing out when someone has OUTDATED information that could cause harm to another - it is useful, provided people are willing to pay attention and learn.

Thank you. It is not sarcasm, but it is ignorance.
So what do you call quoting a website that can't even accurately note who the governor is?

There has not been a substantive advance in the right to carry a gun in South Carolina since the principals of Grassroots Gun Rights South Carolina collaborated in the writing and passage of South Carolina's Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996. Subsequently GRGRSC was enjoined from further activism by court action brought by Loonies affiliated with the organization mentioned in SECTION 23-31-210. Definitions.(5) "Proof of training" (b), which business model is to sell dispensations from the infringement of the COTUS Second Amendment and SC Constitution Article I, Section 20.

In the last 3 years, you have had legislation introduced (though defeated) that has raised awareness and increased pressure on the legislature. SC currently has a very pro-gun governor - one who came out in support of the bill to allow for open carry. It's like football - you don't throw for a touchdown every time and complain when you don't get anywhere - you run plays that move the ball more and more toward your goal.

Constitutional Carry and open carry are still effectively infringed. SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions. It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

Very true. So support those legislators who want to change this. Sue the state over the infringement. Or at least provide timely information about a subject you are rightly passionate about. Failure to do so calls your credibility into question. Not something you would want an anti' to say about you - so better get corrected here, among friends - than out there arguing for a right and making yourself look out of date and uninformed.

solus

scfirearms.org is the stale website of GRGRSC. That y'all didn't bother to read beyond the top page is suggestive.

forgive me for being obtuse at this juncture in my adult life, but beyond what top page? and you now state the website you posted is stale website, which one do you wish the OP and other readers to go to for information on this topic?

there are a great many things i have done in my life, mind reading is not among them...say what you mean, mean what you say...

ipse

razor_baghdad

not butt hurt and not particularly over sensitive....I just don't like condescending people that "talk down" to folks......in almost every post.....all over the OC board....that's all.

Thanks for not being too damaging on the follow on posts.

@solus Don't apologize for being "obtuse" ahead of time, just don't be obtuse, ask the question in a polite respectful manner and you'll usually get a polite respectful response.

I truly still look forward to meeting you guys. I'm OCONUS APO AE and won't be home for awhile to enjoy my CONUS 2A...but I do enjoy reading about your experiences.