Thread: Colorado cities reject Bloomberg Rolling Stone slam, pro-gun towns so rural lack road

Colorado cities reject Bloomberg Rolling Stone slam, pro-gun towns so rural lack road

DENVER | Colorado Springs and Pueblo may not be Paris or London, but they are not quite the rural backwaters that anti-gun activist Michael Bloomberg apparently thinks they are. The former New York City mayor said he was “sorry” about the recalls of two Democratic state senators last year over the state legislature’s passage of gun control laws, but said the districts in the recall races were so “rural” that “I don’t think there’s roads.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...st-lack-roads/

Only The Constitution Party represents conservative rural America's Country Class against the progressive Ruling Party of democrats, libertarians and republicans.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Campaign Veteran
    Well, living in CO I can assure Gov. LoonBerg that we DO indeed have roads here: I can even look out my window and describe them, which I will do now: I see that some are asphalt, some concrete and some seem to be a mix of the two (I guess). I hope my eye-witness testimony (and yes, I will do so under oath upon his request) will convince him he's in error. ;-)

But Colorado is either a POOR state (even though it taxes people every which way but loose, especially with CO's annual "Specific Ownership Tax" on our cars) OR, it just doesn't use it's $$ wisely since our roads need improving (poorly-done patches, uneven surfaces and potholes everywhere).

It's "good for business" if you will -- meaning it's good for the auto shops that do wheel-alignments -- but our citizens aren't happy about our roads whatsoever.

Still, we DO have paved roads here in Colorado...just not the ones up in the mountains used mainly by off-roaders. ;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 07-11-2014 at 07:14 PM.

I thought they were just paths worn by our wagons by always taking a most direct path? We really do have roads?

Campaign Veteran
    As Bugs Bunny often said, "mmmm...could be!"

;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 07-11-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Centurion
    Regarding the line in the previously linked story about paved roads and running water---- BUT do ya have INDOOR plumbing?

I know you do, but don't think that Bloomninny does?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Regarding the line in the previously linked story about paved roads and running water---- BUT do ya have INDOOR plumbing?

I know you do, but don't think that Bloomninny does?
    Bloomberg doesn't have indoor plumbing, he is indoor plumbing. Clogged and backed up.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    Bloomberg doesn't have indoor plumbing, he is indoor plumbing. Clogged and backed up.
    Can you imagine the days long wait in the line to pour Draino down that clogged up toilet of a throat?

Colorado Springs is "only" home to NORAD, SPACECOM, several key defense and IT industries, the U.S. Air Force Academy, and the U.S. Olympic Committee.

Most certainly NOT backwoods or rural.

Perhaps Bloomberg should visit sometime. I'll show him around. While armed, of course.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

If you get that opportunity, please show him an abandoned mine shaft while you're at it. Come back alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxxon View Post
    If you get that opportunity, please show him an abandoned mine shaft while you're at it. Come back alone.
    He's fairly adept at stepping into his own piles of nonsense. I'll stand back and watch.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    He's fairly adept at stepping into his own piles of nonsense.
    Problem is, he makes so dadgum many such piles we have to work overtime to keep our boots clean.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    Problem is, he makes so dadgum many such piles we have to work overtime to keep our boots clean.
    We should find him a nice meadow where he can traipse about all by his lonesome. Except for the bull, of course. One meadow, one bull, lots of ********.