• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No guns on plane policy kills many .... croc got loose on plane

With a croc loose would you...

• Stay in seat so plane does not crash

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.itv.com/news/west/2014-07-11/pilot-died-after-crocodile-escaped-on-plane/

At his inquest today the only surviving passenger claimed the crocodile spooked a cabin crew member who ran towards the cockpit and the passengers followed, possibly causing the plane to crash with the sudden change in weight balance.

"Stay in your seats" nom nom nom

A no win situation here ... eaten or blunt force trauma death ...

(edit to poll ... # 3 option should say WATCHED ...

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This is why the world should never have gone metric!

At his inquest today the only surviving passenger claimed the crocodile spooked a cabin crew member who ran towards the cockpit and the passengers followed, possibly causing the plane to crash with the sudden change in weight balance. Local media reports at the time claimed the croc, thought to be two to three meters in length had escaped from a passenger's holdall[SUP]1[/SUP].

Assistant Coroner David Dooley read out an email from Chris' dad Rob to Congonese officials.

"Rob Wilson he said he had spoken to the original investigator on the site who said that there was a gentleman who came up with a story about a crocodile.

"There is apparently a video of the crocodile being taken out of the plane.

"It would have been a maximum of two or three feet in length[SUP]2[/SUP].

[SUP]1[/SUP] - that's "carry-on luggage" to us Americans.

[SUP]2[/SUP] - meters/feet? What's the differnce? (As in does anybodt remember why that Mars rover crash-landed? You know, the one where the clowns at JPL switched from meters to feet for the lading and turned off the rockets while the thing was still way up in the air?

I really should add [SUP]3[/SUP] - folks who live around the things very panic at the sight of a 2-foot long croc? They are a handful when you grab them and start to tie their mouth shut, but they are not going to be ripping arms and legs (or even fingers) off.

stay safe.

Fallschirjmäger

I can't imagine a 9-foot, or even 6-foot crocodile being folded up enough to fit inside someone's carry-on luggage. A 3-foot one yes, as it's about half tail.
i-got-to-hold-a-baby-crocodile-cairo-egypt+1152_12948628984-tpfil02aw-25088.jpg

Absolutely terrifying.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
"Absolutely terrifying. "

...yes, I agree: Those Egyptian hieroglyphics in the background of that pic (right side) are from "The Book of the Dead" and what it says definitely IS "terrifying."

It says, "....

;-)

Last edited: