• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reserve Monday afternoon: MO Supreme Court hearing Gun Rights amendment case

Renegadez

Just a quick note to make sure you know that the anti-gun folks are trying to keep Missourians from voting on Amendment 5 (SJR 36), which would give us the strongest constitutional gun rights of all the states.

They claim that the short description you will see on the ballot is not fair and that the court should order the measure removed from the ballot. A Cole County judge already ruled against the anti-gunners, but they have appealed to the Supreme Court.

We need a strong showing of citizens in the Supreme Court at 1:30 pm on Monday, July 14th.

Can you make it to the hearing? I promise that you will find it very interesting!

Read about the case here: http://www.courts.mo.gov/SUP/index....46c3c6fb6b7bd9eb86257d0a00634fcf?OpenDocument

Read about the amendment here: http://www.morkba.com/index.html

Please pass this on to your liberty-loving friends!

For liberty,

- Ron

And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works. -- Frédéric Bastiat - "The Law"

Ron Calzone, director
Missouri First, Inc.
ron@mofirst.org
http://www.mofirst.org

kcgunfan

The hearing would be interesting. But, does the MO Supreme Court decide things by straw polls? I certainly hope that any number of people on either side don't inspire the Justices into doing anything other than following the law.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Renegadez

I believe Ron's point is to let all the 2nd amendment friendly folks in MO know about the case and to show some support for the cause. Not by showing up should alter the Judges decision. For those who have not read the links in the post or do not know about it there is some good information in but being the OC crowd im sure most on here has read this info before.

Last edited:

JEStucker

I believe Ron's point is to let all the 2nd amendment friendly folks in MO know about the case and to show some support for the cause. Not by showing up should alter the Judges decision. For those who have not read the links in the post or do not know about it there is some good information in but being the OC crowd im sure most on here has read this info before.

Too short notice for me to get the time off from work and we're already short handed as it is. Are there phone calls that can be made or anything else I can do from Kansas City area to get their attention to the cause?

Renegadez

I do not think there are calls to be made as this is already in court IF this stays on the ballot and is not kicked then the best would be to tell everyone you to know to Vote Vote Vote for it!

Redbaron007

No go for me...this time.

I hope the SC don't use the crowd as a factor in making their decision. :eek:

Oramac

Too short notice for me to get the time off from work and we're already short handed as it is. Are there phone calls that can be made or anything else I can do from Kansas City area to get their attention to the cause?

Same here. I didn't actually see this until just now, after the hearing is probably over. :(

On a side note, JEStucker, I didn't know you'd found a job. Congrats! I don't really follow the saberforum so much anymore.

OC for ME

As long as it takes to rationalize, with appropriate case law cites, their idiotic opinions. You'd think that such phrases as "...shall not be questioned;" would be painfully clear and unambiguous. Given the plain reading of such phrases why it takes even a 10 recess to render a opinion is beyond me. Well, I guess they deserve to take a bathroom break.

Redbaron007

How long after a supreme court hearing does it usually take for a verdict to be rendered?

In this case....about 90 seconds.

However, we are dealing with a bureaucracy. Actually the longer it takes, the more likely the difficulty in overturning, since it is published and people have voted. :confused: