• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this a bad idea

Blakeyon2asd

Hi everyone I live in Greensboro N.C. and I live pretty close to the bad part of town. So I regularly open carry my gun while walking my dogs around the neighborhood using an outside the waistband level 2 retention holster. That being said the holster can some times be uncomfortable along with the size of my Glock 22. So I was wondering if I switched to carrying my Bersa 380 using an inside the waist band holster on my side kind of to the back but clearly visible would that be illegal. Or should I be fine I typically keep my shirt tucked in when carrying so as my shirt wont cover my gun. But I just find in side the waistband to be a lot more comfortable. Any help would be great!

bc.cruiser

The two females on the right at the top of this page are carrying IWB. As long as the gun is visible, it is OC. There is no specific amount of gun that must be visible, but if is recognizable, that should meet the need.

WalkingWolf

The two females on the right at the top of this page are carrying IWB. As long as the gun is visible, it is OC. There is no specific amount of gun that must be visible, but if is recognizable, that should meet the need.

What he said above. And the one female appears to be carrying a CF380. Nothing wrong with a 380, I prefer a full-size gun though.

Blakeyon2asd

Yeah I prefer a full size gun also but some times the glock 22 or my 1911 carry gun just gets in the way. I'm a smaller guy and the guns tend to stick out more than I would like on my waist. So I like my Bersa for the simple fact it's light compact and holds 15 rounds + 1 in the chamber and is no bigger than a most other regular 380 compacts that only hold 6 or 7 rounds. Plus I feel as if it doesn't put off a look at me I've got a gun type of scenario for anyone who is uncomfortable around me while I'm carrying. Thanks for the information you guys I think I'll carry it on walks around the neighborhood at least whenever I'm feeling lazy.

Jamesm760

Yeah I prefer a full size gun also but some times the glock 22 or my 1911 carry gun just gets in the way. I'm a smaller guy and the guns tend to stick out more than I would like on my waist. So I like my Bersa for the simple fact it's light compact and holds 15 rounds + 1 in the chamber and is no bigger than a most other regular 380 compacts that only hold 6 or 7 rounds. Plus I feel as if it doesn't put off a look at me I've got a gun type of scenario for anyone who is uncomfortable around me while I'm carrying. Thanks for the information you guys I think I'll carry it on walks around the neighborhood at least whenever I'm feeling lazy.

People are going to feel however they want to feel regardless of what you do. I carry my G23 in a blackhawk lvl2 and I don't have problems while walking my dogs, maybe an IBW holster would work better for you when walking the dog?

Blakeyon2asd

Yeah my thing is I'm kind of tall and skinny so the grip of the gun sticks out farther than I would like and hits my arm while I walk other than that it's not that big of a deal. I may try carrying my glock inside my waistband and see how that goes.