• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doc Holliday Harley Davidson Glennwood Springs

x1wildone

Manager at this dealership made it very clear this morning at our Harley Owners Group meeting, that he will not allow open carry of firearms in the dealership.
Now I will spend my Harley dollars at a different location.
He is very confused about 2nd amendment and Colorado laws.

x1wildone

I will be putting a plan of action together for this one.
The best part of this is that I was standing next to the manager the entire time he was making his speech. I was open carrying full size 45 in a cross breed super tuck IWB. This was in front of a dozen chapter members and staff. This guy never recognized that I was carrying as he spoke, and I made it very obvious.
I was the ride safety officer, until this meeting, I did resign from this position immediately and explained the reason , as I will not be doing business with them any longer.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I had never thought much about Harley Davidson Dealerships possibly being anti-gun until this thread came up.

I was at our local HD Dealer -- Pike's Peak Harley Davidson -- here in Colorado Springs a while back and was very clearly OCing, but either no one in the store noticed or, they were okay with it. I didn't even see any other customers notice/react, either.

And speaking of the other customers there that day (such as the black-leather biker-looking types, including the posers I guess), I did not see ANY of them also OC-ing...I was the only one. Maybe some were CC-ing but as per definition of that, no one would ever know.

Still, I don't know what their official position is on their customers OC-ing (and I didn't ask)...

Last edited:

shaun

Visit Pikes Peak frequently and always OC with never a problem. Actually, first time one if the ladies asked why I was in a hurry and I told her didn't want to spend more time than necessary and she immediately smiled and said slow down and enjoy the store and not worry about it. I know I spent more than I should have that day. If they ever post, it will be a sad day, but they'll lose the approx 2-3k each year I spend. Not much in grand scheme of things, I know.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Well, if you save up that $3K each year, in 7 years you could buy a bike cash! Like an Indian, for example. ;-)

And in 100 years, you might be able to buy the store! ;-)

I wonder how Indian Motorcycle of the Rockies dealership (closest one to The Springs) up in Littleton is re: OC-ing?

I kind of like the Indian Chief Vintage...

Last edited:

F350

Having lived in Colorado for 3 years and OC everywhere I am surprised anyone outside of Hippy-opolis (Denver-Boulder) is opposed.

Last year I helped an older (80s) woman down from some bleachers, she patted my arm and said "Thank you; and thank you for carrying your gun, God bless" even had the owner's daughter at a hardware store give me a 10% open carry discount one day.

Saxxon

When I bought my Harley at Thunder Mountain and the times I have had it serviced there nothing was ever said about me OCing there.

I did at the Thunder in the Rockies event have the police tell me I couldn't have the firearm in the event area. So I left, as I said to them I can't just go put the gun in my bike and leave it out there for someone to break in and take.

To me though, a Harley dealer making bones about someone OCing a firearm is just - obscene. The guy needs to sell his dealership, turn in his balls (if he still has them) and open a flower shop.

x1wildone

I had never thought much about Harley Davidson Dealerships possibly being anti-gun until this thread came up.

I was at our local HD Dealer -- Pike's Peak Harley Davidson -- here in Colorado Springs a while back and was very clearly OCing, but either no one in the store noticed or, they were okay with it. I didn't even see any other customers notice/react, either.

And speaking of the other customers there that day (such as the black-leather biker-looking types, including the posers I guess), I did not see ANY of them also OC-ing...I was the only one. Maybe some were CC-ing but as per definition of that, no one would ever know.

Still, I don't know what their official position is on their customers OC-ing (and I didn't ask)...

This guy said that the last Dealership he worked at was the Pikes Peak Harley Davidson location.

x1wildone

When I bought my Harley at Thunder Mountain and the times I have had it serviced there nothing was ever said about me OCing there.

I did at the Thunder in the Rockies event have the police tell me I couldn't have the firearm in the event area. So I left, as I said to them I can't just go put the gun in my bike and leave it out there for someone to break in and take.

To me though, a Harley dealer making bones about someone OCing a firearm is just - obscene. The guy needs to sell his dealership, turn in his balls (if he still has them) and open a flower shop.

This guy is not the owner. The way things have been going, he won,t be an employee for long either.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
"To me though, a Harley dealer making bones about someone OCing a firearm is just - obscene. The guy needs to sell his dealership, turn in his balls (if he still has them) and open a flower shop." -- Saxxon

Well, you know that nowadays, a whole lot of so-called "males" in America should do the very same thing. After all, the trend for some time now has been the emasculation of males and masculation of females. And not only "as seen on TV." In real life. It's supposed to be cool...and "progressive." Sometimes, you can't even tell what gender someone is when you see them. And some of THEM don't even know. That's REALLY pathetic.

Hard to find real men or women nowadays, and it'll get worse, so this pansy has plenty of company. :-(

BTW, Saxxon, I still owe you lunch!

Last edited:

solus

from the moment thunder opened until i departed the area, i was a frequent visitor to their events, multiple purchaser of their scoots and merchandise, and using their repair facilities, and never once did anybody say a thing to me while i open carried.

'fraid saxxon, i would have pointed out to the very nice policemen he was on private property and to have a nice day! if the LE persisted, i would have walked inside (w/LE in tow) and had the store manager paged (normally one of the owners are on hand during events) and ask what the he11 is going on.

cloud sorry, unless the indian is original, it is just another wantabe piece of crap...

ipse

Last edited:

solus

and OP, the first conversation should be with the owner of the dealship expressing your sincere concern at the manager's narrow mindedness towards the lawful carrying of firearms.

then ask...'oh btw would you like to sponsor a carry run with my friends showing your support of the 2A?' see what request brings from the owner...(*-*)

ipse

Last edited: