Thread: Target does not seem to mind police shoplifting ...

Banned

Target does not seem to mind police shoplifting ...

But the man in the video may have been a Fairfax County sheriff’s deputy, Northington said he soon learned. And within days, two things happened: The deputy retired from the sheriff’s office and Target fired Northington, 29, a married father of two with a third child on the way.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...psrc=AG0003376

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    But the man in the video may have been a Fairfax County sheriff’s deputy, Northington said he soon learned. And within days, two things happened: The deputy retired from the sheriff’s office and Target fired Northington, 29, a married father of two with a third child on the way.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...psrc=AG0003376
    Another isolated incident.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I am sure the statists will be here soon to defend this deputy.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

He should charged. Especially if he's been positively identified and target wants to press charges.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    He should charged. Especially if he's been positively identified and target wants to press charges.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Apparently Target does not want to press charges.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Another isolated incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I am sure the statists will be here soon to defend this deputy.
    If anyone has specific information on an individual consider posting it, but please relate to the total numbers in the control group - no wide brush strokes here please.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Petty thieves are not created over night. I am of the opinion that this is not the first rodeo for the alleged thief.

I would suspect that the tape/tapes will come to light during the civil litigation.

The only brave sole in this whole incident is the young store security guard/detective and I wish him much success in his future litigation.

Hopefully we will see some positive actions taken by the local PD. They(PD) have nothing to gain by protecting an alleged petty thief.

My .02

Regards

CCJ
    Last edited by countryclubjoe; 07-13-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

That's my local Target.

Nothing else really to say.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    If anyone has specific information on an individual consider posting it, but please relate to the total numbers in the control group - no wide brush strokes here please.
    I don't think that Target's decision to defend the thief is relative to a single individual myself. I hypothesize that cops are now like the mafia..insult one and you insult them all and they will return the insult. That's why Target let this particular person go...to avoid a mob-like retaliation. Everyone knows how cops treat people who they think mistreat their own...

Some companies just use the civil world remedies and ban a person from a store; Target almost always calls the cops...

What happens when you're accused of shoplifting at a huge corporate chain like Target? Well, even if the evidence is thin, they don't let you off with a slap on the wrist. Nicola, an (innocent, she argues) shopper who was picked up at one of the retailer's Brooklyn outposts, was hauled handcuffed out of the store, thrown in the back of a police car and taken to a jail in Bed-Stuy, where she spent ten hours in a jail cell and was charged with Petty Larceny, a crime that could land her in the clink. Deciding to fight back, she's hired an attorney and is blogging about her plight. http://ny.racked.com/archives/2008/0...ests_you_f.php

So I don't see any difference except that its a cop. Any cop that steals is more dangerous than your average shoplifter IMO.

Spammer reported

Spammer by the name of "Mageworld91" has been reported.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke