Thread: Oneida Co. Ckt. Judge directs WI CWL to man accused of violent DC

Oneida Co. Ckt. Judge directs WI CWL to man accused of violent DC

A northern Wisconsin judge has ruled that a Rhinelander man's 1995 conviction related to grabbing his wife during an argument cannot prevent him from getting a permit to carry a concealed weapon in Wisconsin. [ ... ] There was no domestic violence enhancer to the charge, and he was not ordered to undergo domestic violence counseling. He has no criminal record before or since.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/267030161.html

Order - http://media.jrn.com/documents/Rhinelander+CCW.pdf
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    The police report indicates von Bober grabbed his wife by the arms and shoved her into another room during an argument.

Why should shoving anyone result in a loss of a permit? Unless you are shoving people off a cliff.

Plus, the gun owner would still be able to have his gun at home, right? Isn't that where most abused spouses live? I would think that they should automatically get a permit to move the gun out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The police report indicates von Bober grabbed his wife by the arms and shoved her into another room during an argument.

Why should shoving anyone result in a loss of a permit? Unless you are shoving people off a cliff.

Plus, the gun owner would still be able to have his gun at home, right? Isn't that where most abused spouses live? I would think that they should automatically get a permit to move the gun out of the house.
    Von Bobber should have been perfect and without spot before he gets his CCL. Now how many leos would fit that bill. The system wants PERFECTION. No record or you don't get own a gun or a CCL.