Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Theft from unattended cars

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Theft from unattended cars

    Preaching to the choir, I know, but here is more ammunition against the "just leave it in the car" argument from the anti-gun establishments...

    Thefts from cars rising in Fredericksburg

    TFred

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    But Bledsoe said residents need to guard their belongings wherever they go.

    “People could really help us out by not becoming an easy target,” she said.




    Sure thing .. I live to make your day easier....

    Leave a purse on your dash?

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    An employee at Joe’s Crab Shack in Central Park who returned to her vehicle about 9:45 p.m. Saturday.

    An employee at the Central Park Cracker Barrel who left a purse in her car at 3 p.m. Sunday and returned an hour and 45 minutes later to find the same thing.

    A patron at Regal Cinemas on Plank Road who left her car at 10:20 p.m. Sunday and returned a little more than two hours later.

    A patron at TGI Fridays on Carl D. Silver Parkway who left her car at 2:40 p.m. Monday and returned 50 minutes later to find a broken window and missing purse.

    A patron at Funland on Central Park Boulevard who left her car at 1 p.m. Monday and returned almost three hours later to find her windshield smashed and her purse gone from the seat of her car.

    A woman who entered Gold’s Gym at 2380 Plank Road at 5 p.m. Monday and returned to her car an hour and a half later to find a broken window and missing purse. A second vehicle was found in the parking lot with a broken window, but nothing was reported stolen.
    4 out of six leaving an invitation for the theives.

    Yes, in a world that was right and good you could leave $100 bills scattered all over the seats and floorboards, with the windows open, and the worst thing that would happen is that the wind would blow some of the bills out the window. But then a passing person would pick them up and put them back. Sadly, the world we live in is not right and good.

    The phrase "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" seems to be appropriate.

    But how this connects to OC or RKBA eludes me.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  4. #4
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    But how this connects to OC or RKBA eludes me.
    Are you sleeping at the keyboard? I stated the connection in my post... this provides current and relevant reasons to DECLINE any offers to "put your gun back in the car..."



    TFred

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Are you sleeping at the keyboard? I stated the connection in my post... this provides current and relevant reasons to DECLINE any offers to "put your gun back in the car..."



    TFred
    As a matter of fact, yes I was.

    How dare you expect me to read everything!

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    As a matter of fact, yes I was.

    How dare you expect me to read everything!

    stay safe.
    Failure to read and comprehend all information in the available information tends to lead to a decision that would not be made had you understood all the information in the information provided!
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Failure to read and comprehend all information in the available information tends to lead to a decision that would not be made had you understood all the information in the information provided!
    Oh yeah?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o



    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  8. #8
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Since I do not comprehend all the information in the information he is providing I decline to make a statement that might not be the statement I would make had I understood the information in the information he provided!
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •