• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Theft from unattended cars

davidmcbeth

Banned
But Bledsoe said residents need to guard their belongings wherever they go.

“People could really help us out by not becoming an easy target,” she said.

Sure thing .. I live to make your day easier....

Leave a purse on your dash?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
An employee at Joe’s Crab Shack in Central Park who returned to her vehicle about 9:45 p.m. Saturday.

An employee at the Central Park Cracker Barrel who left a purse in her car at 3 p.m. Sunday and returned an hour and 45 minutes later to find the same thing.

A patron at Regal Cinemas on Plank Road who left her car at 10:20 p.m. Sunday and returned a little more than two hours later.

A patron at TGI Fridays on Carl D. Silver Parkway who left her car at 2:40 p.m. Monday and returned 50 minutes later to find a broken window and missing purse.

A patron at Funland on Central Park Boulevard who left her car at 1 p.m. Monday and returned almost three hours later to find her windshield smashed and her purse gone from the seat of her car.

A woman who entered Gold’s Gym at 2380 Plank Road at 5 p.m. Monday and returned to her car an hour and a half later to find a broken window and missing purse. A second vehicle was found in the parking lot with a broken window, but nothing was reported stolen.

4 out of six leaving an invitation for the theives.

Yes, in a world that was right and good you could leave $100 bills scattered all over the seats and floorboards, with the windows open, and the worst thing that would happen is that the wind would blow some of the bills out the window. But then a passing person would pick them up and put them back. Sadly, the world we live in is not right and good.

The phrase "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" seems to be appropriate.

But how this connects to OC or RKBA eludes me.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Are you sleeping at the keyboard? I stated the connection in my post... this provides current and relevant reasons to DECLINE any offers to "put your gun back in the car..."

:p

TFred

As a matter of fact, yes I was.

How dare you expect me to read everything!

stay safe.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
As a matter of fact, yes I was.

How dare you expect me to read everything!

stay safe.

Failure to read and comprehend all information in the available information tends to lead to a decision that would not be made had you understood all the information in the information provided! :lol: