• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Star calls SB 656 "Foolish"

davidmcbeth

Banned
The ill-advised law makes it a felony for any federal law enforcement officer or employee to attempt to enforce U.S. laws intended to protect citizens from gun violence.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article735170.html#storylink=cpy

No, the law is meant to control the out-of-control federal gov't & to re-establish the self governance of a state to the state.

I'm sure the fed courts will try and rule the law unconstitutional and try to use some highly twisted path to reach such goofy conclusions.

JEStucker

This is from the paper's editors:

http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article735170.html

They are gloating and name calling. The arguments are weak and flawed. It's ridiculously partisan. But they can get away with it every time, unopposed, if we are silent.

Unfortunately this is the Kansas City Star we're discussing, even if we posted our side to the story, they are notorious for removing content that is contrary to their agenda. So even if someone were well articulated and educated and gave a very valid and sound discourse concerning SB656, they'd never publish it in the paper, or they'd have it pulled down within an hour at the most from their website.

HP995

Unfortunately this is the Kansas City Star we're discussing, even if we posted our side to the story, they are notorious for removing content that is contrary to their agenda. So even if someone were well articulated and educated and gave a very valid and sound discourse concerning SB656, they'd never publish it in the paper, or they'd have it pulled down within an hour at the most from their website.

You say all that with absolute conviction, but do you have any actual experience with it? Hate to bust any bubbles, but reality is different. It's not hard to get published if you know your stuff and your approach - that's crucial. But that's not even the problem. Been there done that. The difficulty is that they continually want different people, not the same people again, and it takes a fairly steady stream to influence people.

I'm amazed to see naive and accepting views about media and no tactical approach. I had some media training back in the day. Ah well, move on, nothing to see here. Real experience doesn't count for shucks, does it?

Oramac

I'm amazed to see naive and accepting views about media and no tactical approach. I had some media training back in the day. Ah well, move on, nothing to see here. Real experience doesn't count for shucks, does it?

I think most people on this forum have written the the Star and the Post Disgrace at some point, and had the door slammed in our face.

Please, if you have all this training, show us how it's done.

Great Gazoo

Fortunately for us, we have an electorate that has learned to ignore such progressive tripe. I expect passage of the amendment, people are fed up. We are the state that overwhelmingly regected Obamacare and has a constitutional amendment protecting traditional marriage. I can't see this failing. Many here are concerned about the border now with the current influx. There is too much afoot. Those I know are clinging to their bibles and guns right now.