• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recertification???

OkieOutlaw

I have been seeing news reports (KXII, KTEN) that Oklahoma has passed a law requiring recertification for handgun licenses. The report states that all license holders that received certification before 2011 are required to be recertified. I received my renewal last July so theoretically it is good till 2018. The local news is the only place I have heard about this and just wanted to check with you guys? Is this true and if so what is required? I am a disabled Vietnam Veteran confined primarily to a wheelchair at present. The report also stated that this training must be completed before Nov. or the entire training process will have to be repeated. Thanks to everyone that can possibly clarify this for me.:banghead:

Glock 1st fan

I have been seeing news reports (KXII, KTEN) that Oklahoma has passed a law requiring recertification for handgun licenses. The report states that all license holders that received certification before 2011 are required to be recertified. I received my renewal last July so theoretically it is good till 2018. The local news is the only place I have heard about this and just wanted to check with you guys? Is this true and if so what is required? I am a disabled Vietnam Veteran confined primarily to a wheelchair at present. The report also stated that this training must be completed before Nov. or the entire training process will have to be repeated. Thanks to everyone that can possibly clarify this for me.:banghead:

I answered on your other thread. I hope it helps.