Thread: The anti-rights are claiming that pro-rights people left a threating target

The anti-rights are claiming that pro-rights people left a threating target

http://bearingarms.com/womens-group-...paign=baupdate

An anonymous individual (or individuals) left a target riddled with bullet holes on the doorstep of the Seattle-King County League of Women Voters’ Capitol Hill office over the recent holiday weekend—a message, the LWV believes, about the state chapter’s support for I-594, which would require background checks for gun sales online and at gun shows. A volunteer for the group found the target over the weekend.

Allison Feher, the group’s administrative manager, says the target did not include a note or any indication of who left it.

However, she says it was clearly aimed at the League, given that the only other nonprofit tenants of the building—including the Deaf Blind Service Center, the Helen Keller Center, and Powerful Voices (a group that works to empower young women)—have taken any position on any gun-related issue. “It’s just pretty unlikely that it was aimed at the Deaf Blind Service Center,” she says.

“There’s no other reason why somebody would have left it on the doorstep,” Feher says. “We do have one of those ‘Gun-Free Zone’ stickers on our window, but you’d have to be right up in front of our door to see it.”

These idiots sink rather low....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

It could have been anyone, including a member or supporter of LWV in order to paint gun owners in a bad light.

Banned
    who cares ... and maybe it was for the Helen Keller place .... who knows !

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    It could have been anyone, including a member or supporter of LWV in order to paint gun owners in a bad light.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    who cares ... and maybe it was for the Helen Keller place .... who knows !
    If you read the article then you'd realize that the evidence shows that they faked it.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    If you read the article then you'd realize that the evidence shows that they faked it.
    Yea there's some strong "evidence" there from that detective that clearly shows it was fake..

I especially like that "holes are too small and too spread out so clearly they were shooting a bb gun and not aiming"

The author apparently doesn't spend much time at the range around novice shooters or even intermediate shooters.

I want this guy solving murders.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

He does make a good argument.

Your Take

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Yea there's some strong "evidence" there from that detective that clearly shows it was fake..

I especially like that "holes are too small and too spread out so clearly they were shooting a bb gun and not aiming"

The author apparently doesn't spend much time at the range around novice shooters or even intermediate shooters.

I want this guy solving murders.

If you were asked to analyze the target how would you describe it? Yes I am asking you to describe it.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    If you were asked to analyze the target how would you describe it? Yes I am asking you to describe it.

~Whitney
    Um, uh, it's a target that is normally shot at with, uh, guns, and it has holes in it.....

He forgets the other details about Seattle's wind and how that target would not have been there over night or even very long.

Clearly there are many who walk different lines who support a broad range of interest.

In the past, this group (WA OCDO) has demonstrated such actions at a group get together in a statement of their dislike for certain people yelling out their name and shooting up a target showed just as much immaturity as who ever did this.

Clearly these statements of denying such actions and weak reasoning.
    The Statements should be of how we are not in support of this type of acts and that there a faction that is not supported by 2nd Amendment Supporters.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Um, uh, it's a target that is normally shot at with, uh, guns, and it has holes in it.....

He forgets the other details about Seattle's wind and how that target would not have been there over night or even very long.
    Ok even of it was windy... It means it wasn't there very long. Not a very slam dunk case. Does the person who found the target work a set shift? 9-5? Use the same door?

Probably right? So if I was going to leave a notice I wouldn't put it at 2am on a Friday... I'd leave it at 830-850 on Monday morning knowing it was "windy" and would want them to get said notice.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

That building is lopsided. Those are some strong winds

Conclusion-

Smaller caliber then .22..... Really? Nice forensic analysis based on a photo that you can tell between a .177 and .22. I thought I was the only guy who could tell .05 difference in caliber based on photos. (Heavy sarcasm) Also, would it matter if it wasn't a .22? Is anyone implying that we don't own bb guns as well as firearms?

Shot by someone clearly not trying to make a shot group..... Really? Again... Spend more then 5 minutes at the range. You'll see that some very pro gun guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. And you have no idea what firearm was used or even distance. Heck was that a 100yd shot with a .22 with iron sights? No idea.... Must be fake though.

And the wind thing... That's awesome meteorological forensic s analysis of weather patterns swirls flows and convexation (my new word) of cross feed paths. Except.... We have no idea when it was placed or found. Their timeline is "over the weekend". Wow... That's precise. Also, anyone see the photo of the paper on the floor? See the potted plant? I wonder if that would interfere with the cross flow abduction infliction of the north by southwest winds.... Or used to hold paper down maybe? Or was the paper slid slightly under that door?

I can't say for sure that a pro gun guy did this. But I can say the "evidence" that shows it was staged has more holes then the target paper (but that's because it was staged by a non shooter not trying to make a grouping).

This article is an example of making the facts fit your case not making your case based on the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Just like the "N word" yelled at Dems as the marched down the street during the Obamacare circus, hundreds of video cameras and recorders going and not one recorded it. Dems have frequently used alleged threats to get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Conclusion-

Smaller caliber then .22..... Really? Nice forensic analysis based on a photo that you can tell between a .177 and .22. I thought I was the only guy who could tell .05 difference in caliber based on photos. (Heavy sarcasm) Also, would it matter if it wasn't a .22? Is anyone implying that we don't own bb guns as well as firearms?

Shot by someone clearly not trying to make a shot group..... Really? Again... Spend more then 5 minutes at the range. You'll see that some very pro gun guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. And you have no idea what firearm was used or even distance. Heck was that a 100yd shot with a .22 with iron sights? No idea.... Must be fake though.

SNIP
    Maybe they were trying to say, "we missed you."

That shot group was horrible, I've seen new Cub Scouts get better groupings with BB gun.

I believe that target is a fake. I believe that those who love liberty would not leave a message that way.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Maybe they were trying to say, "we missed you."

That shot group was horrible, I've seen new Cub Scouts get better groupings with BB gun.

I believe that target is a fake. I believe that those who love liberty would not leave a message that way.
    Cant be because even some "pros" cant hit the side of a barn.......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

looks more like 1 shot... from a 410 handgun using small buckshot.. maybe #4 buck?... from too far away for that type of gun
    Last edited by cjohnson44546; 07-26-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    looks more like 1 shot... from a 410 handgun using small buckshot.. maybe #4 buck?... from too far away for that type of gun
    #4 shot is more like .24 caliber, which would appear to be too large from what I can tell. A close examination of the image of the target indicates it is almost certainly an NRA B-17 25/50 Meter UIT Pistol Target, which has a 7 7/8" black center, according to the NRA. On my screen, the black center of the target measures 1.750" making the ratio 4.5:1. The holes in the target measure very close to 0.039-0.040", making the holes about 0.1755-0.180" when scaled. That fits nicely with the analysis in the OP's link that the holes were made by a 0.177" pellet or similarly sized projectile.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.