Thread: Pair now pro-RKBA - after attacked --

Banned

Pair now pro-RKBA - after attacked --

http://gunssavelives.net/why-i-carry...ud-gun-owners/

They feel safer in Ohio, they said, adding that their experience drastically changed them and their views on a number of issues, including gun control. Before, both didn’t feel the need to own a gun. Now, they are proud gun owners and keep a handgun in the bedroom.

Sometimes all it takes is a little persuasion.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

It really is sad that it takes a life altering experience before seeing the light.

too bad he didn't think about this before......

I didn’t want a gun. I specifically didn’t want one,” Dittrich said. “I was very much opposed to hav[ing] one, and I guess I got the realization that the police really can’t protect you. They can respond, and they can protect you once they get there. But, you’re on your own.”

a gun in your bedroom or holster won't hurt you, but not having one certainly could allow it to happen. When are people going to wake up?????
    Last edited by RK3369; 07-18-2014 at 05:08 PM.

snipped
    Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    When are people going to wake up?????
    It depends on the sleeper:
    The deep sleeper needs something really drastic to wake up.
    The light sleeper only needs the light and a few stirs to wake up.
    The snooze button slapper is little on the lazy side. He knows what's going but still waits.
    The worst kind is the one pretending to be asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    snipped

It depends on the sleeper:
    The deep sleeper needs something really drastic to wake up.
    The light sleeper only needs the light and a few stirs to wake up.
    The snooze button slapper is little on the lazy side. He knows what's going but still waits.
    The worst kind is the one pretending to be asleep.
    Just don't pour water on them or YOU will be called all sorts of names.

OT: glad someone didn't die, but saddened to see this is what it took to have them see the truth.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

There is no indication that the "proud gun owners" carry a firearm outside of their home.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post

OT: glad someone didn't die, but saddened to see this is what it took to have them see the truth.
    Either way ... a pro-gunner was born or an anti would have been gone ...

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    There is no indication that the "proud gun owners" carry a firearm outside of their home.
    +1

Or even IN their home.

A gun in the house is more usful than none, but not if you cant get access to it in time.

I wonder if they keep it locked up and un-loaded too as per the liberal standard of "home defense".

well they moved from NJ a state where you can have a gun in your house but not outside of it, to OH a state where licenses are shall issue and not required for open carry.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    +1

Or even IN their home.

A gun in the house is more usful than none, but not if you cant get access to it in time.

I wonder if they keep it locked up and un-loaded too as per the liberal standard of "home defense".
    Don't worry .. next time they get attacked on the street then they'll be carrying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11yCd-Swxow

well they moved from NJ a state where you can have a gun in your house but not outside of it, to OH a state where licenses are shall issue and not required for open carry.
    Inane comment.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Stupidest response ever.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Stupidest response ever.....
    inane adjective \i-ˈnān\

1: empty, insubstantial
    2: lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly <inane comments>
    The statement at issue was addressed in the OP's op. Thus, your statement lacked significance.

Would
    ir·rel·e·vant adjective \-vənt\

: not important or relating to what is being discussed right now : not relevant
    be more applicable?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Don't worry .. next time they get attacked on the street then they'll be carrying.
    And then the time after that, they may actually load it.