Thread: People complaining about illegals flying w/o ID -- but

Banned

People complaining about illegals flying w/o ID -- but

http://papersplease.org/wp/2011/01/2...uquerque-jury/

We don't have to have an ID to fly ... right?

Yet gov't officials have not said word one about people not needing to ID to fly....wonder why??

It is too bad that this case cannot be elevated to precedential.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    It is too bad that this case cannot be elevated to precedential.
    Well people should just refuse to show ID ... we have a right to travel.

Like carry, it needs no permission slip.

I have no problem of illegals flying outside of the fact that they should be flying back to where they came from.

Is there any mention on the air line ticket that a customer must show ID?

Also, what is considered LEGAL id?

The case read was interesting and the result of the case was a victory for liberty.

Interesting that the TSA have no arresting powers and that they rely on the local PD for enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Is there any mention on the air line ticket that a customer must show ID?

Also, what is considered LEGAL id?

The case read was interesting and the result of the case was a victory for liberty.

Interesting that the TSA have no arresting powers and that they rely on the local PD for enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Regards

CCJ
    One does not need ID to travel ... so what is "legal ID" does not matter ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    One does not need ID to travel ... so what is "legal ID" does not matter ...
    I agree however if showing ID is a requirement of the ticket purchase agreement, then the ID would be required. There may be some reference in small print on the ticket.

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".

Banned
    I agree however if showing ID is a requirement of the ticket purchase agreement, then the ID would be required. There may be some reference in small print on the ticket.

Regards

CCJ
    One can buy a ticket online ... no ID required.

Do you think that we need papers to travel?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    One can buy a ticket online ... no ID required.

Do you think that we need papers to travel?
    Clearly you haven't read any of my previous post. I am a big fan of " the right to travel" freely and without papers to do so.

I have not possessed a DL in 20 odds years, I have not given out my SSN in 20 odd years.

Yes, you can buy a ticket without ID on line. My query was about the small print or the purchasing agreement.

The airline can require all passengers to show ID before boarding a flight. The airline is not a Government entity and therefore can enforce certain rules and regulations.

Caveat, I never fly!

Best regards

CCJ

Banned
    Clearly you haven't read any of my previous post. I am a big fan of " the right to travel" freely and without papers to do so.

I have not possessed a DL in 20 odds years, I have not given out my SSN in 20 odd years.

Yes, you can buy a ticket without ID on line. My query was about the small print or the purchasing agreement.

The airline can require all passengers to show ID before boarding a flight. The airline is not a Government entity and therefore can enforce certain rules and regulations.

Caveat, I never fly!

Best regards

CCJ
    When has an airline ever asked for ID? I never had them do that ... u get your ticket, go through TSA, hand the airline your ticket.

Sorry, but this "contract" angle is not real.

I've boarder planes w/o providing ID.

Read an airline's contract that includes

RULE 35: REFUSAL TO TRANSPORT
    Delta may refuse to transport any passenger, and may remove any passenger from its aircraft
    at any time, for any of the following reasons:

[ ... ]
    C) Proof of Identity: When a passenger refuses on request to produce positive identification; provided, however, that Delta shall have no obligation to require positive identification of persons purchasing tickets and/or presenting tickets for the purpose of boarding aircraft.
    https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de...rriage_dom.pdf

REFUSAL TO TRANSPORT

Delta's conditions of carriage permit Delta to refuse to transport passengers when:

Compliance with government regulations or directives is required.
    Advisable due to weather or other conditions beyond Delta's control.
    Passenger refuses to submit to a search or produce proper identification.
    Passenger lacks necessary documentation for international travel.
    Passenger fails to comply with any of Delta's rules or regulations or any term of the Contract of Carriage.
    Reasonably necessary for the passenger's comfort or safety, for the comfort or safety of other passengers or Delta employees, or for the prevention of damage to the property of Delta or its passengers or employees. For specific examples, see our Contract of Carriage.
    https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...l-notices.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    But I've never had the AIRLINE ask for ID ... and it sounds like that they can remove you from the plane (once you are in it) but cannot refuse you to board. And it says "may", making it meaningless.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-20-2014 at 01:25 PM.

And yet is seems that TSA has clearly stated that in order to get pask the security checkpoint, you must either present your papers or otherwise convince them you are who your ticket says you are.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

As for all you legal experts who spout off about having a right to travel - you'll get no argument from me on that. However, I do wish you understood that it has been decided that flying by commerial airline is a privilege and that the privilege can be controlled by "reasonable" regulations. (I know, where have we heard that phrase before?)

Unless someone cares to demonstrate some alternatives, it seems the only way you can exercise your right to travel is by foot - and that depends on you not violating any laws/ordinances/rules along the way.

Now - for the OP's rant - if you will look just a little bit closer at what's going on, you will see that the TSA has decided to accept another government's declaration of the identity of these folks -- just like it says in teir rule about identification of flyers cited above.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    And yet is seems that TSA has clearly stated that in order to get pask the security checkpoint, you must either present your papers or otherwise convince them you are who your ticket says you are.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

As for all you legal experts who spout off about having a right to travel - you'll get no argument from me on that. However, I do wish you understood that it has been decided that flying by commerial airline is a privilege and that the privilege can be controlled by "reasonable" regulations. (I know, where have we heard that phrase before?)

Unless someone cares to demonstrate some alternatives, it seems the only way you can exercise your right to travel is by foot - and that depends on you not violating any laws/ordinances/rules along the way.

Now - for the OP's rant - if you will look just a little bit closer at what's going on, you will see that the TSA has decided to accept another government's declaration of the identity of these folks -- just like it says in teir rule about identification of flyers cited above.

stay safe.
    I've traveled w/o a) showing ID b) going through their nude-o-scan and b) getting felt up

All you have to say is "yup, that's me" .. then its up to them to find evidence that you are not. Your statement is prima facia evidence. After all, its a crime to lie. (we are not the police!)