• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

People complaining about illegals flying w/o ID -- but

davidmcbeth

Banned
It is too bad that this case cannot be elevated to precedential.

Well people should just refuse to show ID ... we have a right to travel.

Like carry, it needs no permission slip.

I have no problem of illegals flying outside of the fact that they should be flying back to where they came from.

countryclubjoe

Is there any mention on the air line ticket that a customer must show ID?

Also, what is considered LEGAL id?

The case read was interesting and the result of the case was a victory for liberty.

Interesting that the TSA have no arresting powers and that they rely on the local PD for enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Regards

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
Is there any mention on the air line ticket that a customer must show ID?

Also, what is considered LEGAL id?

The case read was interesting and the result of the case was a victory for liberty.

Interesting that the TSA have no arresting powers and that they rely on the local PD for enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Regards

CCJ

One does not need ID to travel ... so what is "legal ID" does not matter ...

countryclubjoe

One does not need ID to travel ... so what is "legal ID" does not matter ...

I agree however if showing ID is a requirement of the ticket purchase agreement, then the ID would be required. There may be some reference in small print on the ticket.

Regards

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
I agree however if showing ID is a requirement of the ticket purchase agreement, then the ID would be required. There may be some reference in small print on the ticket.

Regards

CCJ

One can buy a ticket online ... no ID required.

Do you think that we need papers to travel?

countryclubjoe

One can buy a ticket online ... no ID required.

Do you think that we need papers to travel?

Clearly you haven't read any of my previous post. I am a big fan of " the right to travel" freely and without papers to do so.

I have not possessed a DL in 20 odds years, I have not given out my SSN in 20 odd years.

Yes, you can buy a ticket without ID on line. My query was about the small print or the purchasing agreement.

The airline can require all passengers to show ID before boarding a flight. The airline is not a Government entity and therefore can enforce certain rules and regulations.

Caveat, I never fly!

Best regards

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
Clearly you haven't read any of my previous post. I am a big fan of " the right to travel" freely and without papers to do so.

I have not possessed a DL in 20 odds years, I have not given out my SSN in 20 odd years.

Yes, you can buy a ticket without ID on line. My query was about the small print or the purchasing agreement.

The airline can require all passengers to show ID before boarding a flight. The airline is not a Government entity and therefore can enforce certain rules and regulations.

Caveat, I never fly!

Best regards

CCJ

When has an airline ever asked for ID? I never had them do that ... u get your ticket, go through TSA, hand the airline your ticket.

Sorry, but this "contract" angle is not real.

I've boarder planes w/o providing ID.

davidmcbeth

Banned
But I've never had the AIRLINE ask for ID ... and it sounds like that they can remove you from the plane (once you are in it) but cannot refuse you to board. And it says "may", making it meaningless.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And yet is seems that TSA has clearly stated that in order to get pask the security checkpoint, you must either present your papers or otherwise convince them you are who your ticket says you are.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

As for all you legal experts who spout off about having a right to travel - you'll get no argument from me on that. However, I do wish you understood that it has been decided that flying by commerial airline is a privilege and that the privilege can be controlled by "reasonable" regulations. (I know, where have we heard that phrase before?)

Unless someone cares to demonstrate some alternatives, it seems the only way you can exercise your right to travel is by foot - and that depends on you not violating any laws/ordinances/rules along the way.

Now - for the OP's rant - if you will look just a little bit closer at what's going on, you will see that the TSA has decided to accept another government's declaration of the identity of these folks -- just like it says in teir rule about identification of flyers cited above.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
And yet is seems that TSA has clearly stated that in order to get pask the security checkpoint, you must either present your papers or otherwise convince them you are who your ticket says you are.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

As for all you legal experts who spout off about having a right to travel - you'll get no argument from me on that. However, I do wish you understood that it has been decided that flying by commerial airline is a privilege and that the privilege can be controlled by "reasonable" regulations. (I know, where have we heard that phrase before?)

Unless someone cares to demonstrate some alternatives, it seems the only way you can exercise your right to travel is by foot - and that depends on you not violating any laws/ordinances/rules along the way.

Now - for the OP's rant - if you will look just a little bit closer at what's going on, you will see that the TSA has decided to accept another government's declaration of the identity of these folks -- just like it says in teir rule about identification of flyers cited above.

stay safe.

I've traveled w/o a) showing ID b) going through their nude-o-scan and b) getting felt up

All you have to say is "yup, that's me" .. then its up to them to find evidence that you are not. Your statement is prima facia evidence. After all, its a crime to lie. (we are not the police!)