• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If asked...

Firearms Iinstuctor

I adopted this So I can meet nice people like you and talk about are right to keep and bear arms.

It is a disarming statement (pun Intended )

Give you an opening to have a good positive conversation.

Getting into a heated argument is not a good thing but if the other person wants to converse in a reasonable manner I'll talk if not I'll politely excuse my self and go on my way.

solus

Op, as much as nightmare and i dance, i must state his was the proper response...

ignore the comment and continue walking.

Yes, i know, deep in our hearts we all wish and feel the need to express an effective dialogue with others to further the educational goals of some idiot about open carry, but...

MSG, SVG, Skid, & MKEgal, et al., truly what do your exchanges with the Q/A dance you do to answer continuous and contemptuous questions result in? did the good citizen you were 'enlightening' running out to purchase a firearm ensemble so they could immediately joining the other throng who are OC'g?

skid you are to be commended, as, the dialogue you described is nothing more than playing head games with the individual, as you are well aware.

MKEgal, most citizens do not have a clue or give a rat's arse about 2A so you are wasting your breath.

i liken those types of questions to 'why are you wearing those kinda of pants - don't only police wear those, shirt, belt, why do you have a beard, and what color is your underwear, or wait, i can see from the plumber's crack you're not wearing any ~ ewww!

our society has this stupid belief they must respond (or answer their cell) whenever someone speaks, once you get over it you will find life will go on!

ipse

WalkingWolf

And that is likely his point.

So then he is disrespecting his life if he is not carrying the most expensive firearm made. Something that is rather silly.

His point was the point of a fanboy, whether he is one or not, but he clearly has been influenced by them. He makes remarks that are insulting to others who respect others rights to not carry, carry, or carry the firearm they can afford. Price of a expensive firearm IS NOT and should not be a factor for who can carry because of financial status in life. That is pure snobbery.

BTW the person he responded to could have just been shocked that he paid 100 bucks over what the gun is available for new. But because his life is worth 600 dollars he happily paid it.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Yes, i know, deep in our hearts we all wish and feel the need to express an effective dialogue with others to further the educational goals of some idiot about open carry, but...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MSG, SVG, Skid, & MKEgal, et al., truly what do your exchanges with the Q/A dance you do to answer continuous and contemptuous questions result in?
MKEgal, most citizens do not have a clue or give a rat's arse about 2A so you are wasting your breath.

We put ourselves in a position to educate by setting up an info booth and asking people to approach us. We are attempting to educate the fear out of our local population. No, I do not expect everyone to whom I speak will "run out and buy a firearm", but they may no longer be afraid of me or the tools I carry. Most Citizens ARE uninformed and I like to see the "Freedom Lightbulb" go on when they are urged to think for themselves.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sounds just like ...I support the Second Amendment, BUT...........

Last edited:

Lyndsy Simon

We put ourselves in a position to educate by setting up an info booth and asking people to approach us. We are attempting to educate the fear out of our local population. No, I do not expect everyone to whom I speak will "run out and buy a firearm", but they may no longer be afraid of me or the tools I carry. Most Citizens ARE uninformed and I like to see the "Freedom Lightbulb" go on when they are urged to think for themselves.

I agree.

If someone chooses to interact with me in a questioning way, I'm happy if they walk away with a "Huh...". If their preconceptions are challenged in a positive way, I'm a happy guy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree.

If someone chooses to interact with me in a questioning way, I'm happy if they walk away with a "Huh...". If their preconceptions are challenged in a positive way, I'm a happy guy.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

One can hope that the trip will be considerably shorter :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

MSG, SVG, Skid, & MKEgal, et al., truly what do your exchanges with the Q/A dance you do to answer continuous and contemptuous questions result in? did the good citizen you were 'enlightening' running out to purchase a firearm ensemble so they could immediately joining the other throng who are OC'g?

If nothing else., I am looking for the person to realize that I am not their worst nightmare of a raving lunatic but actually a quite-spoken person who expresses his point of view without resorting to name-calling and cursing and threatening words or actions. And for the record, I do not engage in "continuous and contemptuous question/answer exchanges". Most of the time I end those encounters as soon as they become obvious with a polite and soft-spoken "I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Thanks for sharing your views." If the other person wants to up the ante with cussing and threats I usually up the volume just a notch or two so that those around us can hear, and ask "Are you really threatening someone who is carrying a gun on his hip?" And then walk away.

[/quote]skid you are to be commended, as, the dialogue you described is nothing more than playing head games with the individual, as you are well aware.[/quote]

Thenkyew. Thenkyewverramush.

stay safe.

solus

MSG, in the future, refrain from changing my quoted posts to suit your own purposes. as this is a public accessable entity your editing changes the spirit and intent of my original post.

moderator, respectfully request MSG's, post which has the misquote text attributed to me be modified to either reflect what i stated or removed .

it is appreciated

ipse

twoskinsonemanns

I got asked this in Lowes several months ago... Maybe over a year ago now. He didn't work there. I was technically OC but it was an IWB rig with a tucked in shirt... I was surprised he even noticed it with the small part showing. Conversation went something like:

HIM: "Is that a gun?"
ME: "Hi. Are you a cop?"
HIM: "No just curious"
ME: "Yup. .45 caliber"
HIM: "Are you a cop?'
ME: "No"
HIM: "Why do you have a gun?"
ME: "Cause bad guys have guns. And if one tries to kill me I'm going to try to kill them back"

not too elegant but I AM from West Virginia.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
MSG, in the future, refrain from changing my quoted posts to suit your own purposes. as this is a public accessable entity your editing changes the spirit and intent of my original post.

moderator, respectfully request MSG's, post which has the misquote text attributed to me be modified to either reflect what i stated or removed .

it is appreciated

ipse
Please connect the dots, relate the posts by PM to me.

thedevilrobyjohn

worth

Honestly my life is worth over a quarter million dollars, that is the cost of several heart procedures. Would I spend over a quarter million dollars on a a handgun? OHHH HELL NO!

You can protect yourself with a free handgun if the handgun works. Money has no effectiveness(unless you can afford multiple armed body guards) on self defense. Numerous times people have used SNS to stop/kill an attacker. I have a PA-63 that I paid 60 dollars for over ten years ago, it actually has saved me from harm(charging large pit bull), where my most expensive gun has not. Please stop using that line, it is not only not true, it makes you look like a gun snob.

I had a CW Enfield musket that I gave to my son, worth well over a grand. Is my life worth carrying a gun just based on cost alone? Ohhh hell no, but your mileage may vary.

ETA large police depts pay on average around $200 for service pistols, it that all their life is worth?

you should pawn yourself. If I was worth that much, id pawn myself and buy a pile of guns...oh wait, I buy a pile of guns anyway. Guns are lonely hated little critters and I like to have plenty for each other to play with.

Last edited:

solus

apology

MSG, my sincere apology as i misread your quoted commentary and highlited text and failed to comprehend what i was reading and comparing between the two.

additionally, I have learned an invaluable lesson where i should not try to function at any level at 0100 after a long day doing yard work.

again, my apologies are humbly proffered and hopefully graciously accepted.

grape you may delete my post as you deem necessary.

ipse

thedevilrobyjohn

So then he is disrespecting his life if he is not carrying the most expensive firearm made. Something that is rather silly.

His point was the point of a fanboy, whether he is one or not, but he clearly has been influenced by them. He makes remarks that are insulting to others who respect others rights to not carry, carry, or carry the firearm they can afford. Price of a expensive firearm IS NOT and should not be a factor for who can carry because of financial status in life. That is pure snobbery.

BTW the person he responded to could have just been shocked that he paid 100 bucks over what the gun is available for new. But because his life is worth 600 dollars he happily paid it.

didnt respond til now, been watching my mother die in hospice..my apologies. The person asking the question about price, asked me how much the gun was because he eventually let it be known that he was in the market. We had an in depth conversation a few days later. I have from a to z and buy tons of cheap used from $50 as well as $5k colts. I dont know what a fanboy is but id be interested to learn in person from you, if you were willing to teach me..

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

didnt respond til now, been watching my mother die in hospice..my apologies. The person asking the question about price, asked me how much the gun was because he eventually let it be known that he was in the market. We had an in depth conversation a few days later. I have from a to z and buy tons of cheap used from $50 as well as $5k colts. I dont know what a fanboy is but id be interested to learn in person from you, if you were willing to teach me..

That is what I thought was the case, but IMO your response was rude. A person should not be limited to rights based on how much they can afford. You may not have intended on being rude, but rude none the less. There were better ways to handle the question without giving off the air of elitism.

BTW my life is officially worth over a quarter million dollars(heart surgery numerous times) I would never tell someone they do not deserve to live if they do not have the insurance or the money. It is just plain obnoxious to relate the financial status of a person to their rights to liberty.

Last edited:

thedevilrobyjohn

yep

That is what I thought was the case, but IMO your response was rude. A person should not be limited to rights based on how much they can afford. You may not have intended on being rude, but rude none the less. There were better ways to handle the question without giving off the air of elitism.

BTW my life is officially worth over a quarter million dollars(heart surgery numerous times) I would never tell someone they do not deserve to live if they do not have the insurance or the money. It is just plain obnoxious to relate the financial status of a person to their rights to liberty.

im obnoxious and rude, my life aint worth the beat up piece of crap i drive except to my kids. elite, thats funny, im more along the lines of redneck white trashn gun luvin god fearin spittin cussin scrappy sawed off little sob covered in filth from a 60 hour week.