• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Billboards?

mustangkiller

I haven't seen any in quite a while. What would it take to get a few put up around the state? I understand that most people are aware of the issue but I'm sure when alot of them do the research they are bombarded with negative articles and "facts". Maybe there would be some benefits to partnering with OCT on this. As I write this, another idea just popped in my head. Perhaps a more effective way of reaching the masses (and less costly) would be large newspaper adds.

Don't flame me if this is some sort of half baked idea. I will fully admit I haven't put a bunch of thought into it yet. I'm just bouncing ideas off you guys in hopes that it'll spark conversation, thereby generating the "perfect" plan.

Ready, go!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I haven't seen any in quite a while. What would it take to get a few put up around the state?

Money. Plain and simple.

Are you going to wait for someone else to take the lead on this? Or maybe you could crowdsource funding for a billboard (money to be returned if sufficient funds collected because that's the right thing to do).

stay safe.

mustangkiller

Money. Plain and simple.

Are you going to wait for someone else to take the lead on this? Or maybe you could crowdsource funding for a billboard (money to be returned if sufficient funds collected because that's the right thing to do).

stay safe.

That's not a bad idea. I'd prefer to use the money elsewhere if I come up short. As a matter of fact, the first thing that comes to mind is legal defense for wrongfully arrested, LACs. What are some other worthwhile places it could go? Radio ads, newspapers as I mentioned. Come on, what do you guys have in mind?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Instead of anticipating you will come up short, why not map out your campaign:

where to get a sign?
when do you want your sign to go up?
how much does a sign cost? (For how long?)
where/how would you advertise your crowdfunding? newspapers/tv stations/radio and social media or strictly social media?

If you go over your goal you could a) buy another sign or b) bank the remainder to use as seed money for another sign.

Of course, if you wanted to copy a sign that somebody else put up you ought to consult with them and ask if you can use their artwork instead of having to start all over from scratch.

stay safe.