• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Over before it began

rmitcheltree5001

Well as most of you know I have gotten my Firearm Rights Restored in the state of Virginia. Saturday I did take the NRA Basic Pistol course which was a lot of fun and really look forward to shooting a pistol some more. The main purpose that I wanted my rights restored was so I could get out in the woods and begin hunting again. Well after reading the law in North Carolina, I can't hunt on my land that I own there. This feels like I got punched in the gut but the good news is I only have to wait 20 YEARS!!! Searching for hunt clubs in the area I just don't have $1,200.00 to shell out for a membership when I only take 2-3 deer a year. It pisses me off That the Full Faith and Credit has been thrown out the window and every time I turn around there is a new law. Hell, any day now I am sure I will be banned once again for possessing a firearm. Sorry for the vent but my wife is tired of hearing me.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That does suck but there is a lot of public hunting land in Va.
Be very selective about any hunt club you join. Many of the dog hunters have one foot in jail and the other on a bar of soap most of the season. You don't need that.