Thread: Open carry at Dayton's Carillon Park

Open carry at Dayton's Carillon Park

Is it legal to open carry in Dayton's Carillon Park buildings? They have many buildings on the premises that are museums but not one has a no gun sign. According to the law and policies athttp://www.nps.gov/daav/parkmgmt/lawsandpolicies.htmit says...

Wright Brothers Aviation Center at Carillon Historical Park

These sites are owned by private not-for-profit organizations. Ohio law controls the possession of firearms in these locations.

It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this Park. Check with the State of Ohio*website*for more information.

Can anyone help? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    Is it legal to open carry in Dayton's Carillon Park buildings? They have many buildings on the premises that are museums but not one has a no gun sign. According to the law and policies athttp://www.nps.gov/daav/parkmgmt/lawsandpolicies.htmit says...

Wright Brothers Aviation Center at Carillon Historical Park

These sites are owned by private not-for-profit organizations. Ohio law controls the possession of firearms in these locations.

It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this Park. Check with the State of Ohio*website*for more information.

Can anyone help? Thanks
    They're owned by private not-for-profit entities, but their directive is to check with a State of Ohio website for firearm rules? S T R A N G E.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Carillon Park is actually owned by "Dayton History" a 501(C)(3) nonprofit org.
    http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/reports/...n=200522202070

The National Park Service does not have any jurisdiction over the park.

So, if the buildings are not marked you are good to go. If asked to leave - leave.

My wife and I opened carried yesterday and had no problem. Some folks actually provided positive comments.

I know the President & CEO. He is very pro 2nd Amendment and pro every other amendment, and pro the constitution itself.
    The only people who should fear, good guys with guns, are bad guys...criminals and politicians included.
    No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suckerspawn View Post
    I know the President & CEO. He is very pro 2nd Amendment and pro every other amendment, and pro the constitution itself.
    So you are say there is a scintilla of hope. Or until a new CEO comes along who despises the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    So you are say there is a scintilla of hope. Or until a new CEO comes along who despises the Constitution.
    I know this is an old post but I was wondering if Carrollton is still firearm/open carry friendly?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb4387 View Post
    I know this is an old post thread but I was wondering if Carrollton Carillon Park is still firearm/open carry friendly?
    FIFY.

As patriotic as they would seem to be, I would not expect any major reversal of policy.

Just go about your visit in a normal fashion. If asked to leave do so immediately and address the issue from home. Suspect that will not be necessary.

Hopefully, locals will chime in soon.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-08-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.