Thread: AK-47 Sales Soar After US Sanctions Kalashnikov Imports. ZeroHedge .com

AK-47 Sales Soar After US Sanctions Kalashnikov Imports. ZeroHedge .com

Who could have seen this coming? Following the US imposition of further sanctions on Russia last week, specifically the import of Kalashnikov firearms, ... reports gun stores across the US are experiencing a run on AK-47s.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...hnikov-imports
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

band-wagoners....... i had every guy friend i have begging me to help him get an AR during the newton deal. i was only able to help a few though. as soon as it stabilized and i could show them where to get reasonably priced ARs they were like.... ehhhhh.

century arms makes a milled AK for $600.

Ive always wanted a true russian AK just because but heck, they're all the same. Oh, i did get a CA one a few months ago, my FFL said during the newton deal, he didnt sell one single AK and i was smart to get one now.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I bought two "sport" versions of the Saiga back when they where available for $350. I converted them and they are probably my favorite guns to shoot.
    I'm very glad I grabbed them before this crap. God, please get rid of the ATF.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I bought two "sport" versions of the Saiga back when they where available for $350. I converted them and they are probably my favorite guns to shoot.
    I'm very glad I grabbed them before this crap. God, please get rid of the ATF.
    The ATF is God, just ask them. They giveth and they taketh away.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Kinda mad I didn't make the purchase a couple weeks ago... I found one locally a couple weeks ago but decided to save my $ anyway. Sounds like the price just went up.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The ATF is God, just ask them. They giveth and they taketh away.
    heh heh heh well said.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Meh, the AK-47 is overrated.

It doesn't even have a bolt lock, or a proper mag catch. Its sole claim to fame is that it's cheap to make for peasants (a worthy claim in its own right, for sure).

I can't say I approve, but the best rifles are made in the US, anyway.

Campaign Veteran
    I chose to go with an SKS for my "repel boarders" gun instead of an AK...but AK's are fine, too.

Going to get a 2nd SKS for a "car gun" shortly. That'll do: One for home, and one in case I get into something away from home.

Like that trucker guy who drove into the Rodney King/LA Riots.

Or taking a wrong turn in Ferguson, MO.

You never know...
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

It doesn't even have a bolt lock, or a proper mag catch. Its sole claim to fame is that it's cheap to make for peasants (a worthy claim in its own right, for sure).

Also ridiculously reliable.
    They are a lot of fun to shoot. Ever shot one?

Also ridiculously reliable.
    They are a lot of fun to shoot. Ever shot one?
    Yeah. All guns are a lot of fun to shoot. The reliability of AKs isn't particularly noteworthy in this day and age.

Yeah. All guns are a lot of fun to shoot. The reliability of AKs isn't particularly noteworthy in this day and age.
    Ever shot one?

People who wait for a crisis to look for arms end up short or end up spending a lot of money.

When the ban expired in 2004 I was telling every body to buy the arms they needed some did some didn't.

The ones that didn't really whined when they tried buying them after Newtown.

AKs, SKSs, ARs, FNs, HKs, Velmets , M1 grands, carbines, M1As, Mini 14s and all the rest. I shot them all. Older bolt action former Military models.

Then you have all the sporting/ hunting models not that the above can't be use for many sporting purposes.

I done so many times

As long as they go bang are reasonably accurate doesn't really matter.

The key is to have arms and ammunition.

They all beat a sharp stick when you really need a firearm any of them beat not having one at all. Even a single shot shotgun and ammo can make a huge different.

After you own one then you can argue what ones the best. Or improve on what you own adding to your numbers as you can afford it.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 08-22-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I bought my AKs pre-1994, and my ARs, and my M-1 carbines, and my..... One of the few advantages of being "old".

I saw the trouble coming and tried to get my 401 money from a employer I recently quit and was going to buy cases of AKs through an FFL buddy, we could have bought around 200 rifles. Could have bought them for about $275 each, right after the ban they were going for $2,000+. I couldn't get my money in time

Ever shot one?
    That's what 'yeah' means. ARs are more fun by a long shot.

Two reasons: bolt lock and straight-stock configuration.

ETA: tack-driving accuracy.

ETA: also rails (tho you can get "tactical" AKs with rails)
    Last edited by marshaul; 08-22-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Most AK's available these days aren't even made in Russia, so no issue. My WASR-10 is Romanian ($350 2009).
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

That's what 'yeah' means. ARs are more fun by a long shot.

Two reasons: bolt lock and straight-stock configuration.

ETA: tack-driving accuracy.

ETA: also rails (tho you can get "tactical" AKs with rails)
    If your AK's bolt wasn't locking perhaps that explains why you didn't enjoy shooting it as much.

If your AK's bolt wasn't locking perhaps that explains why you didn't enjoy shooting it as much.
    Original Russian AK-47s with standard mags do not feature a bolt hold-open feature. And the ones that do don't have an external release, reducing its fun-factor.

Original Russian AK-47s with standard mags do not feature a bolt hold-open feature. And the ones that do don't have an external release, reducing its fun-factor.
    Ah gotcha bolt hold open.

Well I don't agree about the fun factor or reliability but to each his own.

This whole post is blasphemy!

It doesn't ahve all kinds of unnecessarry crap to break or get you dependent and lazy.

Except for the cleaning kit. Why do they even ship them in the kits? I've never cleaned either of my Saigas. The milled Norinco tho...

Get your ghost guns while you can. Got a box full of rommy AK kits I bought almost 20 years ago and still haven't built...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    This whole post is blasphemy!

It doesn't ahve all kinds of unnecessarry crap to break or get you dependent and lazy.

One could just as easily say that semi-automatic capability and 30-round magazines are "unnecessary crap to break or get you dependent and lazy".

Bolt-action rifles with internal magazines are as or more reliable than any AK.

T

Get your ghost guns while you can. Got a box full of rommy AK kits I bought almost 20 years ago and still haven't built...
    I have a few finished out 80% AR lowers, probably should lay in a few AK lower kits as well.

T

I have a few finished out 80% AR lowers (a buddy has a CNC mill), probably should lay in a few AK lower kits as well.