• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Odd behavior

BillHoo

"Once the guys in the van spot me they stop and ask "Are you two together?", and yes he sounded like a fool asking it. My wife responds with a "yes", and we get followed up with and "Oh, you two are such and odd couple." Commenting on our height difference, they then put the van back into drive and we did not see them again."

Could be they have seen what they thought was a woman alone at night and were concerned that some guy was stalking her? Taking a moment to awkwardly ask if you two were together is a big leap to ensure the woman was in good hands. I don't think scumbags would take that kind of risk to step out of "lurker" mode. Could have been self-appointed neighborhood watch who didn't realize how creepy they look from the outside.

At the same time, I also respect your Spidey sense that something was wrong.

stealthyeliminator

Creepy indeed. Glad you both made it out of the situation ok. Hopefully it can be a learning experience to y'all and others.

sheepdog

...we have a responsibility to see what we're shooting...day or night...with the advent of LED lights, it's a lot easier to carry a powerful light that will show us what's in someone's hand, what they're doing, and help us make a reasonable decision...the light can be in the off hand...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Nightmare,

Yes, I heard of the hunters. Also, of the Vietnamese shrimpers vs. American shrimpers on the Gulf Coast.

I was talking abut something else, as I picked up working with our "indigenous allies" in SE Asia during the war 40+ years ago, and what I saw in the Public Zoos (I mean schools) when I taught for 15 years and had these kids in class sometimes.

But as I said earlier, never mind...

Last edited:

solus

Nightmare,

Yes, I heard of the hunters. Also, of the Vietnamese shrimpers vs. American shrimpers on the Gulf Coast.

I was talking abut something else, as I picked up working with our "indigenous allies" in SE Asia during the war 40+ years ago, and what I saw in the Public Zoos (I mean schools) when I taught for 15 years and had these kids in class sometimes.

But as I said earlier, never mind...

conflict...

ipse