• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Henrico PD to host community day Aug. 2

Repeater

Golly, Open Carry welcome?

Henrico police to host community day Aug. 2
The Henrico County Police Department will host a community day Aug. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Henrico County Government Center, 4301 E. Parham Road.

Agencies and organizations dealing with public safety and health will be represented, and the members of the Board of Supervisors will be present.

There will be snow cones, popcorn and other food, and a bounce house will be available for children through the Henrico Police Athletic League.

For details, call (804) 501-4838.

Would be really sad if it were like Cantor's Roundup nonsense.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
A hearty breakfast, a roll or three of GSL stickers, and a bet that they cannot cram a bounce house into either of the court buildings.

Plus, we will not be restricted from distributing 1A/2A material outside of a booth. Getcher stickers here!

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A hearty breakfast, a roll or three of GSL stickers, and a bet that they cannot cram a bounce house into either of the court buildings.

Plus, we will not be restricted from distributing 1A/2A material outside of a booth. Getcher stickers here!

stay safe.

:banana:

scouser

do we get the chance to put cops and board of supervisors in a dunk tank ? if so then need to get my throwing arm back in practice, if not then it's not worth going

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
do we get the chance to put cops and board of supervisors in a dunk tank ? if so then need to get my throwing arm back in practice, if not then it's not worth going

Sure it's worth going. It edumacates the masses and puts a sharp point on our RKBA with Henrico - something that needs to be done. Richmond, Chesterfield, and Henrico have all slip slided backwards recently.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Sadly, they put steel cages around the people who sit there waiting to get dunked. Also, they make you use their softballs when throwing at the target, which is some metal arm and not the occupant of the dunk tank.

But hmm, are piranah legal in Virginia? Anybody want to chip in for an electric eel? There is always gentian violet: http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-4397-Gentian+Violet+Top.aspx?drugid=4397&

This medication is a dye and will stain skin and clothing. Do not apply to open sores (skin ulcers). This may cause permanent "tattooing" of the skin.

Just sayin', nowhutimean?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Gentian violet when in the most readily available form is a purple liquid, crystals (white) are available from suppliers - both will immediately turn the water purple....or light lavender, depending on the ratio of GV to water.

A huge quantity of plain, unflavored gelatin added to the water would be "very intrastink."

Alternately a couple of hundred pounds of sugar would be quite sweet - might even attract hummingbirds and bees, making the event a Virginia Nature educational opportunity :)

Of course, not that I would do any of these things :uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Gentian violet when in the most readily available form is a purple liquid, crystals (white) are available from suppliers - both will immediately turn the water purple....or light lavender, depending on the ratio of GV to water.

A huge quantity of plain, unflavored gelatin added to the water would be "very intrastink."

Alternately a couple of hundred pounds of sugar would be quite sweet - might even attract hummingbirds and bees, making the event a Virginia Nature educational opportunity :)

Of course, not that I would do any of these things :uhoh:

Four (4) ounces of GV crystals, which makes a very handy object for tossing, ought to turn a 250-gallon tank near black while someone is thrashing about tryng to climb out after having been dunked. Much more convenient and easier to employ than a couple of hundred pounds of anything.

Or so I'm told.

While I would love to be able to see something like that happen, I'll be too busy handing GSL stickers to the kiddies at the bounce house. Yes, I'm calling dibs on that location. Who better than [In]Sanity Clause to give goodies to all the chilluns?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Four (4) ounces of GV crystals, which makes a very handy object for tossing, ought to turn a 250-gallon tank near black while someone is thrashing about tryng to climb out after having been dunked. Much more convenient and easier to employ than a couple of hundred pounds of anything.
--snipped-

Were such a thing to happen, I would hope that there were no One Eyed one Horned Flying Purple People Eater

in attendance.

Repeater

Sure it's worth going. It edumacates the masses and puts a sharp point on our RKBA with Henrico - something that needs to be done. Richmond, Chesterfield, and Henrico have all slip slided backwards recently.

All the more need for education.

Perhaps the Carry Brigade can be the new Progressives - making cops moving forward ...

Repeater

Sadly, they put steel cages around the people who sit there waiting to get dunked. Also, they make you use their softballs when throwing at the target, which is some metal arm and not the occupant of the dunk tank.

But hmm, are piranah legal in Virginia? Anybody want to chip in for an electric eel? There is always gentian violet: http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-4397-Gentian+Violet+Top.aspx?drugid=4397&

Just sayin', nowhutimean?

stay safe.

Well, it's been done before:

5-10-PkrCruise.jpg

[size=+1]Portland Police Bureau East Precinct Officer Greg Baldwin took a turn in the Dunk Tank![/size]