Thread: Near encounter, near killing

Near encounter, near killing

Woke up during the wee hours and heard something on the patio. I had smoked some fish and a whole chicken previously, so I figured a bear might get interested. I had a 45 handy but it being 2am or thereabouts I forgot about it. Flicked on the lights, snapped open the front door and heard my intruder run off. Damn!!! Could've had me a bear.

I've clean up the smoker and now have the 44Mag handy. That destructive thief/vandal gets curious here again, he/she is going in to the freezer, in pieces.

Just hope that bear is not a member of this forum or he will be ready for you next time

Banned
    Maybe it was the Swedish bikini team ... they are easily scared ...

Good luck next time !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Maybe it was the Swedish bikini team ... they are easily scared ...

Good luck next time !
    No, that's the Swedish Bikini _Waxing_ Team (during the off-season).

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    Woke up during the wee hours and heard something on the patio. .... I had a 45 handy but it being 2am or thereabouts I forgot about it.

And that, sir, is why you are a dead man walking.

Also, the word your were searching for was "nearby", not "handy".

If you are not going to practice getting awakened in the wee hours of the morning by suspicious noises, then at least do visualization exercises.

And if you live where bears are known to come raiding leftovers from dirty grills and are not cleaning your grill after each use then you have no call to be complaining when a bear comes visiting. Heck, a zealous Fish & Game laws enforcer could even say you were hunting over a baited field.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    Woke up during the wee hours and heard something on the patio. I had smoked some fish and a whole chicken previously, so I figured a bear might get interested. I had a 45 handy but it being 2am or thereabouts I forgot about it. Flicked on the lights, snapped open the front door and heard my intruder run off. Damn!!! Could've had me a bear.

I've clean up the smoker and now have the 44Mag handy. That destructive thief/vandal gets curious here again, he/she is going in to the freezer, in pieces.
    Living in bear country I keep some thing a lot more portent handy for those large hairy late night visitors then most hand guns.

From the time the snow goes and comes again bears can show up any time chased more then one off during the 3 decades at this house.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 07-22-2014 at 10:49 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do