• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Rising Backlash Against ANY Type of Open Carry -- If Not ALL Types

OC Freedom

Yes, it's their right to do so. However, when they do so, they do not appear to comprehend the fact that so-called "gun-free zones" are, in fact, just over 17 times MORE DANGEROUS than areas in which honest, law-abiding people can carry firearms to protect and defend themselves and their loved ones. It appears they're incapable of understanding either the strong deterrent nature of an armed citizenry, and seem utterly ignorant of the facts and statistics surrounding this safety issue, how they're vastly more safe from all types of crime and incidents if they were to respect our Constitution and the rights it confers on their customers, than they are by infringing on the rights of their customers.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Could you cite where you aquired that stat of "17 times more dangerous" from, I would like to have that info. Thanks.

From posting #17

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Let's see~~a group of patriots in Texas are supposed to voluntarily give up their right to OC COMPLETELY. SO another OCer in another state does not get trespassed from a couple places.

Real liberty minded there dontcha think.

+1 exactly.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Every time I see that photo I cringe at how things would be different today if a citizen RIGHTLY shot this a-hole in self-defense.

There are no obvious markings on the vehicle or any of the uniforms. I just wake up and look out my window and I see the movie Red Dawn taking place in real life. They see me and swing a rifle...

JUSTIFIED.

Probably dead, soon, too, but JUSTIFIED. And maybe a few useful notes for them to take back to the briefing room.

Last edited:

FTG-05

Let's see~~a group of patriots in Texas are supposed to voluntarily give up their right to OC COMPLETELY. SO another OCer in another state does not get trespassed from a couple places.

Real liberty minded there dontcha think.

And "a couple places" = fast food restaurants.

Yea, real staunch 2nd amendment supporters right there - as long as they can still get their mega-cheeseburger! :banghead:

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Every time I see that photo I cringe at how things would be different today if a citizen RIGHTLY shot this a-hole in self-defense.

There are no obvious markings on the vehicle or any of the uniforms. I just wake up and look out my window and I see the movie Red Dawn taking place in real life. They see me and swing a rifle...

JUSTIFIED.

Probably dead, soon, too, but JUSTIFIED. And maybe a few useful notes for them to take back to the briefing room.

+1 The redcoats are back, they just don't wear red anymore.

OC4me

Granted, the linked video below is a Fox News clip, but it shows (in my opinion) that we are winning (despite the video title of "Why the Media Hates Concealed Carry", which is a bit misleading).

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/view/news.asp?articleid=7825&zoneid=9

If you listen carefully, you'll see one of the media talking heads say that he'd be supportive of open carry. That alone is interesting, but the reaction (or rather lack thereof) to such a 'controversial' statement is what I found most surprising.

I would have to humbly disagree that the open carry movement is losing.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You no longer have to patronize these businesses in your ignorance. You can legitimately thank the "protesters" for that.

Excellent counterpoint. The protesters' actions have helped clarify which businesses respect our rights and freedoms under the Constitution, and which don't. I know for a fact Shooters Grill in Rifle, Colorado, has upped their OCing activities, partly in response to what's going on in Texas. However, they didn't start out that way. Some waitresses OC'd there long before the controversy.

I also know "Shooters Grill, Rifle, CO" appeared on Google Maps just six days ago, but is totally absent. This is testimony to Google's flagrant manipulation of our nation's rights and freedoms to further their own uber-liberal agenda.

The ADDRESS, you BING and GOOGLE bozos, is "129 E 3rd St, Rifle, CO 81650." Shooters Grill. Amend your databases!

Are you really trying to undermine all our efforts through sheer dint of singlehanded stupidity? READ THE POSTS! Sheesh! Stop jumping to erroneous conclusions. Gah...

Probably dead, soon, too, but JUSTIFIED.

May God bless your dead, departed soul, and help me avoid the same short-sighted fate.

Granted, the linked video below is a Fox News clip, but it shows (in my opinion) that we are winning (despite the video title of "Why the Media Hates Concealed Carry", which is a bit misleading).

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/view/news.asp?articleid=7825&zoneid=9

If you listen carefully, you'll see one of the media talking heads say that he'd be supportive of open carry. That alone is interesting, but the reaction (or rather lack thereof) to such a 'controversial' statement is what I found most surprising.

I would have to humbly disagree that the open carry movement is losing.

I agree wholeheartedly! There ARE, however, landmines out there, and if we're foolish enough to think otherwise, then the enemy has us dead in the water.

Work smarter, not harder. Be safe, not stupid.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Where has this happened, is happening, or about to happen in the USA?

On September 24, 1957 Arkansas
July 1964 Rochester New York
August 1964 California
May 4 1967 Ohio
1992 California
1993 Waco Texas
January-February 2007 across several states

Not to mention the defense act of 2007 that sent George Jr over the top and had to be radically modified in 2008

Not trying to beat you up, just pointing out that history has a way of repeating itself if we do not pass it along which is why I did not bother to add the triggering events, some will benefit from looking it up, others are old enough to recall a lot of it. :(

sudden valley gunner

On September 24, 1957 Arkansas
July 1964 Rochester New York
August 1964 California
May 4 1967 Ohio
1992 California
1993 Waco Texas
January-February 2007 across several states

Not to mention the defense act of 2007 that sent George Jr over the top and had to be radically modified in 2008

Not trying to beat you up, just pointing out that history has a way of repeating itself if we do not pass it along which is why I did not bother to add the triggering events, some will benefit from looking it up, others are old enough to recall a lot of it. :(

I think your post and mine was Grapes intent in asking, and he was not and is not ignorant of history or these incidents.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think your post and mine was Grapes intent in asking, and he was not and is not ignorant of history or these incidents.
When people assume, they frequently get it wrong - you did neither
icon14.png

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The question posed above certainly does not seem to indicate that the questioner knows recent history, has a computer or television. :rolleyes:
LOL - then how is it that I reply here?

Frequently my responses are designed to draw out people - has the added benefit of lightening my load too :p

OC for ME

LOL - then how is it that I reply here?

Frequently my responses are designed to draw out people - has the added benefit of lightening my load too :p
...OK, maybe you do have a computer...;)

Of course, and your responses very often do...just not in this particular instance...in my view...that is.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Never thought it wasn't known by anyone in particular, however since only Katrina and Boston were mentioned I thought it worthy for the youngsters to learn about the Watts riots, Kent state and so on so they could better understand why some of us older farts get a bit out of hand when they express trust in this government by supporting additional intrusions into our lives.

It seems that history taught today tends to leave out important things like the tyrannical actions of our recent past. Shoot, most of them think the civil war was fought over slavery when in reality while that was a positive outcome the war was over states rights, something that gets lots in the stories of today.

sudden valley gunner

Never thought it wasn't known by anyone in particular, however since only Katrina and Boston were mentioned I thought it worthy for the youngsters to learn about the Watts riots, Kent state and so on so they could better understand why some of us older farts get a bit out of hand when they express trust in this government by supporting additional intrusions into our lives.

It seems that history taught today tends to leave out important things like the tyrannical actions of our recent past. Shoot, most of them think the civil war was fought over slavery when in reality while that was a positive outcome the war was over states rights, something that gets lots in the stories of today.

+1 and states rights lost.