• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC AR15 in Tulsa? Doable? Foolishness?

atreyue

I just purchased a Colt M4 Carbine and wanted to take it out and about when I'm in Tulsa.

I possess CCW/OC licensure from the State, but the law is unclear on ARs.

However, any person eligible to legally possess firearms may openly carry unloaded firearms that are not cased specifically "When going to or from the person's private residence or vehicle or a vehicle in which the person is riding as a passenger to a place designated or authorized for firearms repairs or reconditioning, or for firearms trade, sale, or barter, or gunsmith, or hunting animals or fowl, or hunter safety course, or target shooting, or skeet or trap shooting or any recognized firearms activity or event and while in such places". Only under these circumstances may individuals carry unloaded firearms publicly that are not cased.

So... according to this I could carry an AR15 but it'd have to be unloaded and cased? :uhoh:

And then I see this:

Generally, when carrying firearms in a motor vehicle, (when traveling on public land or roads) they must be out of reach of the driver, unloaded, and cased. Persons possessing a handgun carry license may carry a loaded handgun inside their vehicle on their person, just as they are permitted to do so on foot. Persons possessing a handgun carry license may transport a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle under their control, and store a loaded handgun in a locked, secure, motor vehicle. They may also transport loaded magazines for both handguns and long guns, however, they cannot legally transport loaded long guns. Firearms being improperly transported in any way may be immediately confiscated by police without compensation.

Ok, so if I carry an AR15, cased, unloaded, I can at least carry the loaded mags on my person? :uhoh:

Can someone with a little more understanding explain the ins and outs of AR15 OC in Oklahoma. Thanks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Off topic

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Kopis

Eh, get an AR pistol... Seriously though, why would you carry an AR15 in a city? I can understand carrying one while hiking or camping but in a populated city that isnt detroit or chicago :lol:?