Thread: OC at KC Wal-Mart resulrs in a MWAG call

OC at KC Wal-Mart resulrs in a MWAG call

Wal-Mart customer called in the man with a gun inside the store because it scared them.

As a side not the article states in the video the the KC Mayor has introduced an ordinance banning OC in KC.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/armed-shopp...076962#!bjLwmt

I am amazed by the flood NOT of comments there, all three ATM. Is KMBC censoring the comments to anti-gun and gun-grabbers only?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

From the article: "Kevin Jamison of the Western Missouri Shooters Alliance said that while open carry is legal, it doesn't mean it's always a good idea."

Gee, with friends like this...
    Last edited by BB62; 07-22-2014 at 09:45 AM.

That is consistent with Mr Jamison's past thoughts. He's a really good lawyer and probably the best 2A lawyer in the other half of the state. But he's absolutely a CCW guy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    From the article: "Kevin Jamison of the Western Missouri Shooters Alliance said that while open carry is legal, it doesn't mean it's always a good idea."

I'm sure he is one of the "I support the 2d Amendment, but..." crowd that we all love so much.

He went through the time and trouble to get a permit and doesn't understand how that could possibly be objected to.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Tut tut! Tsk tsk tsk, no grumbling allowed in the ranks. Dress riiight, dress!

He said open carry makes people afraid of weapons and doesn't advance Second-Amendment causes.
    CC Industrial Complex at work...again.

That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.
    Advocating for "permission carry" is anti-liberty...

Missouri is a OC state. What part of "...shall not be questioned" does Mr. Jamison Esq. not understand.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    CC Industrial Complex at work...again. Advocating for "permission carry" is anti-liberty...

Missouri is a OC state. What part of "...shall not be questioned" does Mr. Jamison Esq. not understand.
    Concealed Carry Industrial Complex! I like. It's defined by their business model and membership and supporters - and enforcers.

Best Dressed Award...

Now we have to wear a suit and tie before we can carry...

guess I better send my only suit to the cleaners..

The problem with lawyers is that they're...well, lawyers. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Unfortunately most politicians are lawyers.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post

My thoughts exactly.

Accomplished Advocate
    Kevin is not a fan of open carry, however, he is a huge firearms right supporter.

Now before you opt to argue it out, Kevin has defined in the past, he thinks it should be legal, he just doesn't think it is the best way to carry or push forward with gun rights in the state.

His position is more of one that says "It scares the anti's and the more you scare them, the more active they become fighting us" which is my paraphrasing exactly what he and I discussed a few years ago.

Opinions vary, mine is he is on our side but believes it to be a poor political strategy, he and I differ on that point.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

The right to carry is guaranteed in our state constitution. No need to segregate the manner of carry in casual conversation. CC requires a permit, obviously, and everybody knows or should know this.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Wal-Mart customer called in the man with a gun inside the store because it scared them.

As a side not the article states in the video the the KC Mayor has introduced an ordinance banning OC in KC.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/armed-shopp...076962#!bjLwmt
    This is an all-round total fail. The customer had clearly been indoctrinated with left-wing propaganda as was the other one who stated he would have called the police as well. For one Walmart corporate policy is to follow state law with regards to firearms meaning he can't be trespassed and the store manager wasn't allowed to request the customer take the firearm back to his vehicle. Second the KC Mayor is clearly ignorant of the new preemption and the ordinance is null and void before it's even passed.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Forgot to add the police are not even permitted to stop you solely because you are carrying a firearm as per US v DeBerry

http://www.pgnh.org/police_stop_a_pe...ns_his_release

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Second the KC Mayor is clearly ignorant of the new preemption and the ordinance is null and void before it's even passed.
    What new preemption? You can't mean SB 656 which has been vetoed and is unlikely to be overridden. HMM am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Gazoo View Post
    What new preemption? You can't mean SB 656 which has been vetoed and is unlikely to be overridden. HMM am I missing something?
    *head.wall* you have got to be kidding me Being out in the country for awhile with erratic internet I tend to miss things. *sigh* Well i'm not surprised with how little effort is being made to enforce the Constitution by the people. You reap what you sow.