Thread: Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws, GM Jeff Cooper today

Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws, GM Jeff Cooper today

Last edited by Nightmare; 07-22-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    I have my doubts as that MD's gun law is the prevailing factor in the move as , if so, they would have moved years ago.

Last Oct 1, the MD Firearms Safety Act of 2013 took effect. It effectively banned the sale of many previously legal AR type rifles. Beretta testified at the hearings in Annapolis and stated it would hurt their business if passed. It was passed anyway. This had a lot to do with their decision to leave MD

Google Senate Bill 281 to see this draconian piece of feel good but does nothing legislation.

Good for them. MD doesn't deserve them.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6922810.story
    Last edited by swinokur; 07-23-2014 at 10:46 AM.

i think part of it was a preemptive strike by Beretta. There was another piece of legislation (that passed the senate and gov but failed in the house after extensive lobbying by beretta) that would've prevented beretta from manufacturing and storing certain firearms, mags etc at their current facility. They already had the new TN facility in construction for new lines of business so it was probably fairly cost effective to transfer all manufacturing to TN. Plus TN is very gun and business friendly (read tax breaks). Beretta is simply thinking ahead.

Banned
    And why are gun manufacturers still selling to gov't agencies? If they gave two hoots about gun rights, they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And why are gun manufacturers still selling to gov't agencies?
    Because government agencies are buying.

If they gave two hoots about gun rights, they wouldn't.
    Many government agencies have a legitimate need for firearms. The military. Border Patrol. FBI. Quite a few others. IRS? Not so much...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.