Thread: CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business

The power of the purse, particularly in a capitalistic society, is mighty, and business boycotts are a potent tool in the hands of the masses to enforce economic and social fairness. Through the use of the ballot and the wallet, we the people have life or death power over virtually every aspect of our nation.

Astute business people generally do not make their political views widely known, because they realize that about half of their customers agree with them and half of them do not. There certainly is no need to unnecessarily create animosity, especially when you are trying to sell products. In the case of Costco, a company highly respected for very wise business practices, Jim Sinegal, the co-founder and CEO until recently, has made no secret of his profound admiration for President Obama and his policies.

Dr. Ben, out Costco's sly anti-gun policy. Let'em eat their politics. MOLON LABE applies to much more than merely arms. Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and guns and the Truth. God Bless US Bitter Clingers.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-22-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

earth's crust
    I don't shop at Cosco .. I'm sure if people would start picketing Cosco they would stop having official anti opinions.