Thread: Wis man saved from dog attack

Wis man saved from dog attack

Also posted in true tales of self defense

Some times bats are not enough pictures at the link

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/07...-revolver.html

Dennis Williams, above, did not hesitate to intervene to save a man being attacked by three pit bulls. The event was reported on July 21, 2014, in Washington County, Wisconsin.

Mr Williams is in his 70s. He heard screams for help outside his house and saw a man on the ground being viciously attacked by three Pit Bulls. He grabbed two baseball bats from his garage, and started hitting the animals with the bats. It wasn't enough. He retrieved a pistol, and started back toward the scene. The animals started advancing on him. He shot and killed one dog and the others retreated. From TMJ4:

"I will never forget seeing that attack, or hearing the screams," Williams says. "It was one of the worst things I've ever witnessed. The dogs were on top of the man and his dog. They were not going to stop. I first tried hitting the Pit Bulls with a baseball bat, but they wouldn't relent. There was blood all over the ground."

The revolver used to stop the attack appears to be an Iver Johnson .22. Perhaps an alert reader can make a more positive identification. Guns are common in Wisconsin.

2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
    Link to Gun Watch
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

22 vs pit bull? I wouldn't want to try that bet myself.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Centurion

Any contact information for Dennis Williams?

I would like to talk to him and write up the incident with more detail.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    22 vs pit bull? I wouldn't want to try that bet myself.
    A 22 can hold 20 bullets .. plenty to put down a pit bull ... better 20 on target than none on ... a 22 lr round is a good one ! 50yrds I put them all on a dollar bill.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A 22 can hold 20 bullets .. plenty to put down a pit bull ... better 20 on target than none on ... a 22 lr round is a good one ! 50yrds I put them all on a dollar bill.
    You do?

I'd rather fire them personally

I've downed a coyote with a P22. Two was enough for that so I imagine a few more would kill a PitBull.