Thread: Guns Welcome Sign Increases Business

Guns Welcome Sign Increases Business

Here's a story from Maryville TN resturant owner. Wonder what the libs think now?
    http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/0...oost-business/

A restaurant owner has seen more customers frequent her business after she posted a “Guns are Welcome” sign on the front door of her family-friendly establishment.
    “I can honestly say I’ve gotten way more support than the one person who really gave me a lot of grief over it,” she told WBIR.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Business that caters to a demographic usually reap rewards. One of the reasons places like Hooters do so well, catering to men, and some women that admire sexy young girls.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Business that caters to a demographic usually reap rewards. One of the reasons places like Hooters do so well, catering to men, and some women that admire sexy young girls.

Me like Hooters!
    ~Mark Twain

We're seeing some of this in Colorado, too:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-re...ry?id=24652271

Quote Originally Posted by jackrockblc View Post

"I don't know which one is the bad guy, and which one is the good guy. I know I'm gonna engage the one that's closer to me, and I hope to god that its the bad guy." -Officer who lost a son @ Aurora shooting

Really, now? Better hope your words don't come back to haunt you in a wrongful death suit.

The next time I am down that way I will stop in for lunch. Glad that business in up for them and I hope it continues.

Hoover is assuming quite a bit in his statement, not the least of which is that a shooting situation, however unlikely, would last long enough for police to respond to it before it was done and over.

While responding police may be unsure of who the "bad guy" is when they finally do arrive, it's not going to be any mystery to the patrons or the staff.

Not to mention how unlikely it would be for any "sane" person to pick this establishment as a target.

You simply don’t see that type of random crime happen at places where the patrons and staff carry, such as gun stores and ranges...and when that unicorn event does show up, it predictably doesn't last long.

His reaction is simply another knee jerk "it will be like the Wild West all over again" one.

Typical "Only One" mentality.
    Last edited by FMCDH; 07-23-2014 at 06:52 PM.

"I don't know which one is the bad guy, and which one is the good guy. I know I'm gonna engage the one that's closer to me, and I hope to god that its the bad guy."
    A advocate for the CC Industrial Complex if pushed on the issue of OC. Anti-2A is more likely, though he would never admit to this.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

That place is a medium drive from where I live and today is my birthday, so another couple we (the wife) are friends with are liberal librarians (they both work for the wife) are going there for my birthday dinner Saturday, (appropriate song music here) [paraphrase] It's my birthday and I get to do what I want to, do what I want to....[/paraphrase]

The other wife said she is not comfortable with the idea but it is MY birthday so she will go. Might do her good to see normal people doing normal things while armed.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    That place is a medium drive from where I live and today is my birthday, so another couple we (the wife) are friends with are liberal librarians (they both work for the wife) are going there for my birthday dinner Saturday, (appropriate song music here) [paraphrase] It's my birthday and I get to do what I want to, do what I want to....[/paraphrase]

The other wife said she is not comfortable with the idea but it is MY birthday so she will go. Might do her good to see normal people doing normal things while armed.

Happy Happy Happy Birfmday!! enjoy the food......then bring back a report.

Normal people doing normal things....what a concept!
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post

Regarding the bolded portion above: (Appropriate music here)[paraphrase] You'd do so too if it happened to you [/paraphrase]

In regards to the underlined portion above: You really want to risk disproving the erroneous view she has of guns and (I presume) OCers?

Happy B-Day F350.

OT (from the article):
    “But I believe it’s ok to carry as long as you have a permit.

“Everyone needs to take a stand for what they believe is right,” Ralph Tucker told WBIR. “Somebody saying guns are welcome instead of somebody crying about how many people are killed with guns. And it’s not guns that kill people, it’s people that kill people.”

Floyd explained that even though she does not have a gun or a carry permit, she believes that her customers have a constitutional right to bear arms."

I like the bolded portion, but find the underlined portions to be at odds with one another.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 07-24-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

It’s legal in Colorado to open carry handguns and Boebert isn’t the only one packing heat inside her restaurant. Most of the restaurant’s wait staff also open carry.
    SNIP...
    What’s happening at Shooters Grill is an offshoot of a controversial movement that started in Texas. A group of gun-carrying activists that calls itself “Open Carry Texas” brazenly flex their legal right to bear arms by carrying around assault rifles in public. The group’s mission is to raise awareness of existing gun rights and to expand those rights. Texas law says it is legal to openly carry so-called “long guns” like rifles, but the open carry of handguns is prohibited. Open Carry Texas’ enthusiasm for packing heat in public has led national chains including Chipotle, Chili’s and Jack in the Box to post signs asking customers to leave firearms at home.
    Ignoring the mislabeling of sporting rifles (or "patrol rifles"), does anyone else here think an email to ABC is in order? They are treating OC and LGOC as synonymous, as well as claiming the LGOC activism in Texas "started" the OC trend?
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 07-24-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Ignoring the mislabeling of sporting rifles (or "patrol rifles"), does anyone else here think an email to ABC is in order? They are treating OC and LGOC as synonymous, as well as claiming the LGOC activism in Texas "started" the OC trend?
    In addition, I've not seen or heard of any business posting signs as a result of OCT's activities. In fact, I believe that several have explicitly stated that they would not post signs.

Anyway, I'm glad it's helping her business. The name definitely is unfortunate.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 07-24-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

I like the bolded portion, but find the underlined portions to be at odds with one another.
    Maybe she means you have a right to have a permit.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regarding the bolded portion above: (Appropriate music here)[paraphrase] You'd do so too if it happened to you [/paraphrase]

In regards to the underlined portion above: You really want to risk disproving the erroneous view she has of guns and (I presume) OCers?

Happy B-Day F350.

OT (from the article):
    “But I believe it’s ok to carry as long as you have a permit.

“Everyone needs to take a stand for what they believe is right,” Ralph Tucker told WBIR. “Somebody saying guns are welcome instead of somebody crying about how many people are killed with guns. And it’s not guns that kill people, it’s people that kill people.”

Floyd explained that even though she does not have a gun or a carry permit, she believes that her customers have a constitutional right to bear arms."

What some people (even those basically on our side) fail to comprehend is the Colorado constitution guarantees the right to open carry but explicitly excludes concealed carry which requires a "Mommy May I" permission slip

Article II, Bill of Rights
    Bill of Rights

In order to assert our rights, acknowledge our duties, and proclaim the principles upon which our government is founded, we declare:

Section 13. Right to bear arms. The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.
    I have actually encountered in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned; I was asked by a sheriff's deputy to back him up as he detained 4 restless Hispanics until other units arrived.

We took a ride to Shooters Grill in Rifle for lunch, and will continue to support them.

The original post is about a business in Tennessee, How did we make it to Colorado? A similar establishment? This business stated that things were slow and after posting that sign things picked up significantly for them. They had a few anti's tell them they would not patronize and that they were wrong to post such a sign. What a laugh, they did not go there in the first place. No business lost there. I will be going there in the next few weeks I think, just for a little road trip.

I don't understand the big deal. Why is it suddenly big news that some business is pro - gun? I have breakfast every Friday at Franks Restaurant in Baton Rouge. They have had a Guns Welcome sticker, along with a NRA sticker, on their door for months. I have open carried every time I have been there. Should Franks be involved in this PR campaign to publicize what has always been their policy?
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Campaign Veteran
    "The original post is about a business in Tennessee, How did we make it to Colorado? A similar establishment?" -- Ken56

Yes, apparently the plane was diverted from its flight path directly to Tennessee via a brief layover in Rifle, CO:

http://www.shootersgrillofrifle.com/

...but after the "krewe" (as we say in Galveston & New Orleans - Mardi Gras) is rested and the plane serviced, it should make the trip back to TN shortly!

In the meantime, the airline thanks you for your patience & understanding...

;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 07-27-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sraacke View Post
    I don't understand the big deal. Why is it suddenly big news that some business is pro - gun?
    Because it made national news, sport. Your local crawfish boil is to be commended, but crank in the ego. It's the Shooter's Grill time to shine. Let them revel in it.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by sraacke View Post
    I don't understand the big deal. Why is it suddenly big news that some business is pro - gun? I have breakfast every Friday at Franks Restaurant in Baton Rouge. They have had a Guns Welcome sticker, along with a NRA sticker, on their door for months. I have open carried every time I have been there. Should Franks be involved in this PR campaign to publicize what has always been their policy?
    That's great for your Friday Breakfast hub....please encourage them and thank them for being open minded to the 2A! I may be in BR in the next few months...I hope to patronize this establishment and thank them for their support.

The restaurant in TN made national headlines through the local media. They did the story....as it was a shock that someone would patronize a store that welcomed firearms. Subsequently, the CO establishment was recognized here and they got attention.

We have a restaurant close to me that has had several signs...I eat there a couple times a year...great pies!!
    ~Mark Twain