• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eat and Park

Mr Birdman

Friday the 18th of July I was eating at the Eat and Park in North Versailles. The assistant manager walked up to me and asked me if I was a officer. I told him that I was not and he walked away. Less than a minute later he came back and asked me if I could put my firearm in my car.:shocker: I said no some one could steal it. So he walked away again. Less than a minute later he came back and asked me if I could put my firearm in a bag and place it beside me. :shocker::shocker: I declined his offer. He told me that some customers were up set. I asked to talk to the upset customers so that I could explain OC . He said that I could not do that. I did how ever move to the other side of the table so my firearm was against the wall and could not be seen. That made him happy for the moment. He stood guard beside my table while I finished eating. When I got up to go to the salad bar one last time he followed me all the way there and back and continued to stand guard until I finished. I paid and I left. I could not contact the home office since they were closed for the weekend. I did how ever contact 3 different managers form 3 different restaurants. All 3 told me that Eat and park's policy is to follow state law. So the next day I went back. I had a pleasant meal and when I was leaving to pay the same assistant manager saw me OCing again and came up to me and told me that I would not be served if I came in there again carrying. He told me that he would have denied me service if he had seen me OCing that day. He told me that I can leave the firearm out side and there would be no problem. I told him if my firearm was not welcome my money was not welcome. I asked him if he new Eat and Park's policy on OC? He told me that the manager said that I was not welcome and the order was coming from the general manager. I asked him if the general manager knew the policy. He said he did. I then asked him if he is going to follow Eat and Park's policy or are you going to make your own policy. He said he is following the manager's order's.
So I sent another E-mail to the home office. This time I tell them about the news article that was on the 6 o clock news last year. and gave them the link to it.
WTAE TV News - Public supports Pittsburgh open carriers in restaurant

which is posted here as well. The experiment was done at a Kings restaurant less than a 1/4 mile away. I got a call from the home office and they apologized for his actions and told me that OC was allowed and that the manager in question was just plane wrong in what he did. The general manager of the restaurant gave me a call and apologized him self and said that the assistant manager was new and did not know the policy. He apologized once again and invited me back. I told him I did not see any one talk to him the first time I was there and I even got a thumbs up from some nice elderly women sitting at the table next to me. So since I have been welcomed back, any one want to have a nice dinner at 5:00 pm this Saturday at that Eat and Park? Their chicken fried steak:banana::banana: is great.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wonder if its anything (crime/civil offense) for you to have answered YES, I'm a cop ... I don't think that this would rise to the level of impersonating a cop...

ron73440

Friday the 18th of July I was eating at the Eat and Park in North Versailles. The assistant manager walked up to me and asked me if I was a officer. I told him that I was not and he walked away. Less than a minute later he came back and asked me if I could put my firearm in my car.:shocker: I said no some one could steal it. So he walked away again. Less than a minute later he came back and asked me if I could put my firearm in a bag and place it beside me. :shocker::shocker: I declined his offer. He told me that some customers were up set. I asked to talk to the upset customers so that I could explain OC . He said that I could not do that. I did how ever move to the other side of the table so my firearm was against the wall and could not be seen. That made him happy for the moment. He stood guard beside my table while I finished eating. When I got up to go to the salad bar one last time he followed me all the way there and back and continued to stand guard until I finished. I paid and I left. I could not contact the home office since they were closed for the weekend. I did how ever contact 3 different managers form 3 different restaurants. All 3 told me that Eat and park's policy is to follow state law. So the next day I went back. I had a pleasant meal and when I was leaving to pay the same assistant manager saw me OCing again and came up to me and told me that I would not be served if I came in there again carrying. He told me that he would have denied me service if he had seen me OCing that day. He told me that I can leave the firearm out side and there would be no problem. I told him if my firearm was not welcome my money was not welcome. I asked him if he new Eat and Park's policy on OC? He told me that the manager said that I was not welcome and the order was coming from the general manager. I asked him if the general manager knew the policy. He said he did. I then asked him if he is going to follow Eat and Park's policy or are you going to make your own policy. He said he is following the manager's order's.
So I sent another E-mail to the home office. This time I tell them about the news article that was on the 6 o clock news last year. and gave them the link to it.
WTAE TV News - Public supports Pittsburgh open carriers in restaurant

which is posted here as well. The experiment was done at a Kings restaurant less than a 1/4 mile away. I got a call from the home office and they apologized for his actions and told me that OC was allowed and that the manager in question was just plane wrong in what he did. The general manager of the restaurant gave me a call and apologized him self and said that the assistant manager was new and did not know the policy. He apologized once again and invited me back. I told him I did not see any one talk to him the first time I was there and I even got a thumbs up from some nice elderly women sitting at the table next to me. So since I have been welcomed back, any one want to have a nice dinner at 5:00 pm this Saturday at that Eat and Park? Their chicken fried steak:banana::banana: is great.

Good to hear!