• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol Plus in Osage Beach did not know about Amendment 5

logunowner

I went to Pistol Plus Gun Shop today to see what they were doing to help pass Amendment 5. Much to my surprise Jim (and I made sure it was Jim this time) knew nothing about the amendment........ I asked to talk to the owners but they were not there, so I left my name and number, have not heard from them.

Glad not all gun shops are like this one!!!!!!

OC for ME

They not knowing, like some cops claim they did/do not know that OC is not unlawful, is consistent with their CC Industrial Complex focus. I suspect that a sign of some type will not be posted outside their business to advocate for Amendment 5. Though I could be proven wrong.

Redbaron007

Bull Hockey....the counter guys knew about it. I mentioned it to one of the guys last week......he had heard of it, mainly because of the lawsuit coverage concerning it, but was aware of it. He said he would vote for it since the media was against it, even if he didn't know anything about it.

I'm not questioning you logunowner, I don't doubt you; but I know at least two counter folks were aware of it last week.

logunowner

Redbaron,
Jim not only told me that, but he also said he would have the owners call me about what they are doing to ensure Amendment 5 passes.....you guessed it they didn't do that either.!!! I might have to picket that place once it cools off...not good for us old guys to be out in the sun too long!

Firearms Iinstuctor

When Wis pro fire arms amendment was up for a vote a buddy and I printed up hundreds flyers and handed them out a couple of gun shows and to any body we could think of.

Ours passed with 78 percent of the vote.

logunowner

When Wis pro fire arms amendment was up for a vote a buddy and I printed up hundreds flyers and handed them out a couple of gun shows and to any body we could think of.

Ours passed with 78 percent of the vote.

Good idea, I have been on the phone to friends, Facebook friends and any body else that will listen!! I hope Missouri's passes with that kind of margin!!!! Thanks for the input.