Thread: Now the illegals want free lawyers (us to pay of course)

Banned

Now the illegals want free lawyers (us to pay of course)

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...in-for-Lawyers

If we believe in due process for children in our country, then we cannot abandon them when they face deportation in our immigration courts," said Ahilan Arulanantham, an attorney with the ACLU's Immigrants' Rights Project. "The government pays for a trained prosecutor to advocate for the deportation of every child. It is patently unfair to force children to defend themselves alone."

I guess it sucks to come over the boarder .... they should be deemed as terrorists and sent to Gitmo ! right?

It's all about the children...er, I mean the lawyers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    It's all about the children...er, I mean the lawyers.
    Send them to mexico too !

Looking to help out - Texas Border Volunteers

Federal government has gone absolutely berzerk on helping tear down the borders....seems to be ALL democrats and about 1/2 of the Republicans in Congress - our congressman Pete Sessions is for illegals, as is Texas Senator John Cornyn. At least we have Ted Cruz and Gohmert. Also thank goodness for AL Senator Sessions. Last year in Dallas we had about 17,000 babies born at the county hospital - about 13,000 were illegals. Dallas county turned democrat about 10 years ago - the plan to re-conquista the state is proceeded apace....

At church we'd be discussing issue of our Democrat County Judge extended an illegal welcome mat to 2000 illegals here in Dallas and what w/b the 'christian' thing to do. A good number of us are thinking we'll see about supporting Texans closer to the border deal with the tidal wave. Found the group Texas Border Volunteers - their website has some pretty compelling stories and videos of just was is going on in South Texas - about 40 miles north of the US border. Note they said in the 1980s it was an occasional illegal, in the 1990s it was a trickle - now they estimate 500 a night are coming by their couple of ranches - and the bulk of them are not from central america. Looks like that is a good place to start, probably the residents of the county need other forms of support as well.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Federal government has gone absolutely berzerk on helping tear down the borders....seems to be ALL democrats and about 1/2 of the Republicans in Congress - our congressman Pete Sessions is for illegals, as is Texas Senator John Cornyn. At least we have Ted Cruz and Gohmert. Also thank goodness for AL Senator Sessions. Last year in Dallas we had about 17,000 babies born at the county hospital - about 13,000 were illegals. Dallas county turned democrat about 10 years ago - the plan to re-conquista the state is proceeded apace....

At church we'd be discussing issue of our Democrat County Judge extended an illegal welcome mat to 2000 illegals here in Dallas and what w/b the 'christian' thing to do. A good number of us are thinking we'll see about supporting Texans closer to the border deal with the tidal wave. Found the group Texas Border Volunteers - their website has some pretty compelling stories and videos of just was is going on in South Texas - about 40 miles north of the US border. Note they said in the 1980s it was an occasional illegal, in the 1990s it was a trickle - now they estimate 500 a night are coming by their couple of ranches - and the bulk of them are not from central america. Looks like that is a good place to start, probably the residents of the county need other forms of support as well.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Wait, do people believe there is a right to legal representation, or not? Because here in the States, it was ruled in the courts that it is a right, no? Since rights are universal, not applicable only to US citizens, then how would an immigrant, child or not, illegal or legal, not have the same right to be legally represented as I do if I were being accused of a crime?

"Requiring children to fight against deportation without a lawyer is incompatible with American values of due process and justice for all," said Beth Werlin, deputy legal director for the American Immigration Council, in a statement.

.... Why yes, yes it is....

I won't argue that immigration is not a problem, but violating your own damned principles to attack the problem blindly sure as hell isn't the right way to solve it.
    Advocate freedom please

To save money, have the prosecutor and the defense shark be the same guy. We could see a 100% cost savings and the docket would move faster.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

A better solution is to stop having government conjure problems out of whole cloth – problems which of course can conveniently be solved with more government.

And this is a case where (for once) I'm not the one banging my head against the wall (that's y'all), as having government meaningfully "close" the borders is both beyond its demonstrated capability, and in opposition to the business interests which effectively control it, thus resulting in a remarkable (and oft-remarked-on) lack of requisite political capital for change.
    Last edited by marshaul; 08-04-2014 at 03:31 PM.