Thread: D.C. Circuit Court overturns the ban on carring a firearm outside the home in D.C.

D.C. Circuit Court overturns the ban on carring a firearm outside the home in D.C.

No doubt this will head to the Supreme Court but as of now the antis in D.C. have been slapped down. The way I read it OC and CCW are both legal in D.C. for the moment. But the poo poo probably doesn't know or care. PDF of the decision below.

http://tinyurl.com/lgr27yw
    Last edited by 9026543; 07-26-2014 at 07:53 PM.

DC has requested a Stay for 180 days to either appeal or write permit laws.

We will see if they get their wish; more than likely, they will.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Stay request here Gura said he'll oppose anything beyond 90 days.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...arry-ban/1156/
    Last edited by swinokur; 07-29-2014 at 09:19 AM.

The Chief Poo Poo has issued a memo directing that some DC gun laws will not be enforced based on the ruling.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    DC has requested a Stay for 180 days to either appeal or write permit laws.

We will see if they get their wish; more than likely, they will.
    And if they get it then a true travesty will have occurred. They are asking permission to continue enforcing an unconstitutional law for another 6 months. .. am I the only one that sees a grave injustice in that and a true betrayal of our Founding Principles?
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Stay request here Gura said he'll oppose anything beyond 90 days.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...arry-ban/1156/
    He should oppose any length...
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Thanks to OCDO member swinokur:

90 day stay granted. If you are in DC with your firearm-leave NOW !!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-dc-gun-case/

“Given the complexity of the issue, it will require a significant amount of retraining because the mind-set of officers has to change for how we have to deal with that,” Burton said.
    Complexity? What the hell is complex about a citizen can carry a pistol...it is a right after all. This right here is the prototypical cop mindset.

It is the mindset of the cop that creates the abuses not their lack of knowing the law. Cops know the law and lie about knowing the law when they get caught abusing citizens due to their mindset. This is a mindset that is trained into cops. Cops are not born being anti-liberty. Cops are trained to be anti-liberty.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Thanks to OCDO member swinokur:

90 day stay granted. If you are in DC with your firearm-leave NOW !!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-dc-gun-case/
    At least it wasn't 180 days.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Cops are trained to be anti-liberty.
    Having gone to school with several friends in a Criminal Justice program, I can attest that this is absolutely true.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds