• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I-594 on the November 2014 ballot

3/325

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Send a PM to a moderator asking them to move this to the Washington State section, where thee are more people who are interested in this issue.

stay safe.

fjpro2a

Why?

Send a PM to a moderator asking them to move this to the Washington State section, where thee are more people who are interested in this issue.

stay safe.

I am interested in this, and I am not from Washington. Freedom of speech and thought need elbow room to survive.

sudden valley gunner

I am interested in this, and I am not from Washington. Freedom of speech and thought need elbow room to survive.

+1 I am often intrigued and pay attention to what happens in other states and other parts of the world. With the ever shrinking world things affect us a lot quicker than they did in the past.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Never said folks not from Washington should stay out of the discussion. Just suggesting that there is a broader and deeper knowlege base over there.

stay safe.

fjpro2a

Here we go again

Never said folks not from Washington should stay out of the discussion. Just suggesting that there is a broader and deeper knowlege base over there.

stay safe.

Why does this seem to happen way too much? I will try to respond with clarity, but only once. Skidmark, I never said that you said - "folks not from Washington should stay out of the discussion." Why do those who post always try to parse what was originally said? For crying out loud, we are, in my opinion, losing ground in the open carry movement. I see one step forward and two steps back in too many situations. I really don't want to respond back and forth with you about this thread, but felt compelled to this one time. Let's work for "Constitutional Carry" in all 50 States. Sorry for the rant. With all you have been through, I would like to say to you from the heart - STAY SAFE.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Let's work for "Constitutional Carry" in all 50 States.

If we win that, we've won. Everything short of that is merely gaining a temporary upper hand in a never-ending series of skirmishes.

Thing of it is, our Second Amendment already grants us Constitutional Carry:

1. The Constitution itself says Amendments become an integral part of the Constitution: "...shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution..." - Article V, U.S. Constitution.

2. Unlike the First Amendment, which was directed at Congress, the Second Amendment was directed at everyone, everywhere, and mandated that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It prohibits ANYONE from infringing on the right of the people to keep (own) or bear (carry) arms, and makes no distinction whatsoever with respect to the mode/means of carry.

The only reason we're in these battle in the first place is because We the People have rather foolishly allowed our government at all levels to encroach on this right, and rather un-Constitutionally so, at that. We've allowed them to open the door a crack "in the interests of public safety," without realizing the best safety program in the world is simply adhering to the Second Amendment so that everyone is free to keep and bear arms without restriction. "Shall not be infringed" means "shall not be infringed." There's no room for "interpretation," here. No provision was made for exceptions. Our Founding Fathers knew how to make provisions for exceptions, and did so quite well throughout the Constitution. This wasn't an oversight. It's a mandate. They did not want ANY infringement of ANY kind on the right to keep and bear arms, and to hammer the point home, they used the word "shall," which is an absolute legal imperative. Combined with the word "not," the term "shall not" is an absolute legal prohibition.

These and many other outstanding points are very clearly detailed and thoroughly referenced in the 1982 Congressional Report on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. <--- Click to download your free copy! No sign-ups, menus, ads, or clutter.

Our task is simple: Convince the state legislatures to recognize the fact that unless State law reflects the fact that our U.S. Constitution grants us Constitutional Carry, the State is in non-compliance, irregardless of whatever legal mind**** the courts have done to themselves and the nation as a whole.

Last edited: