Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: People need to stop talking to cops -- pressure cooker=detainment

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    People need to stop talking to cops -- pressure cooker=detainment

    http://nypost.com/2014/07/26/nypd-de...-prepare-rice/

    Two vacationing Kuwaitis were still simmering Saturday after cops questioned them for hours about a pair of pressure cookers spotted in the trunk of their car at a fancy Midtown hotel.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
    Posts
    93
    Maybe just me here, but I've been cooking for several decades, and have yet to use a pressure cooker in any of it!
    So I would be suspicious of a few things. Like what the hell are they cooking, and what does it taste like??

  3. #3
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    prob mutton and the pressure cooker is used to make the meat more palatable?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Regular Member Baked on Grease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterling, Va.
    Posts
    652
    A pressure cooker speeds up the cooking process for a ton of foods. Mostly I see it as a time saver. You can make the same dishes in a fraction of the tine you would spend otherwise.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

    "According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

    Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyKrack View Post
    Maybe just me here, but I've been cooking for several decades, and have yet to use a pressure cooker in any of it! So I would be suspicious of a few things. Like what the hell are they cooking, and what does it taste like??
    Broasted chicken! I have been eating very well for six decades and more.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    The men were not arrested, but police sources said they remain under investigation.

    “They said they found the pressure cookers. I said, ‘Yes, what’s wrong with that?’ ” he recounted.
    Indeed, what is wrong with pressure cooker ownership. Hours of detainment is not "arrested" yet they remain under investigation.

    Welcome to the Big Apple and North East LE...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Somewhere or other is a decision by the courts that a detainment lasting long enough is a de facto arrest. I might have to try and lay my hands upon it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyKrack View Post
    Maybe just me here, but I've been cooking for several decades, and have yet to use a pressure cooker in any of it!
    So I would be suspicious of a few things. Like what the hell are they cooking, and what does it taste like??
    We use our pressure cooker at least once a week. In the wintertime every day when we eat a lot of soup every day. Pressure cookers keep most of the heat in the cooker, they cook fast, and even the toughest meat falls apart. Though I have never taken one to a hotel.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  9. #9
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    How soon will there be a call to require background checks to purchase a pressure cooker?

    The British have already called for "long pointed kitchen knives" to be banned since they have become the BG's weapon of choice after the handgun ban.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I'd love to see a pressure cooker protest!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I'd love to see a pressure cooker protest!
    Open carry?

  12. #12
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I'd love to see a pressure cooker protest!
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Open carry?
    How about using pressure cookers at an open carry picnic?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Open carry?
    In California it should be an empty pot though.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    How about using pressure cookers at an open carry picnic?
    Sure, I don't have one though. Makes me want to get one before they are licensed.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    In California it should be an empty pot though.......



    Sure, I don't have one though. Makes me want to get one before they are licensed.
    Don't forget it really should be any other color than black, as it scares people.

    Now maybe if it were cerakoted in FDE...

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Someone should make stickers ! Saying:

    "Pressure cookers don't kill people...salmonella does !"

    I know just the guy for the job...

  16. #16
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    NFA item? It is a integral component of a explosive device, is it not?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Don't forget it really should be any other color than black, as it scares people.

    Now maybe if it were cerakoted in FDE...
    +1 and the size should be limited and no handles attached otherwise they are assault cookers.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    NFA item? It is a integral component of a explosive device, is it not?
    Seems like it, then again just about any object can be.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    In California it should be an empty pot though.......



    Sure, I don't have one though. Makes me want to get one before they are licensed.
    I have 3 of them, 1 for cooking and 2 for canning.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  20. #20
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Wowwie!!!

    Soooo,,, I bought one years ago at a garage sale!
    No ID, no receipt, no registration...
    Ive never used it, But its there, ready to go, If the time ever comes!
    BTW,,,, It IS high capacity,, and it has Black handles!

    And it has a weighted "thingy on top that goes up"!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Soooo,,, I bought one years ago at a garage sale!
    No ID, no receipt, no registration...
    Ive never used it, But its there, ready to go, If the time ever comes!
    BTW,,,, It IS high capacity,, and it has Black handles!

    And it has a weighted "thingy on top that goes up"!!!!
    You found the pressure cooker loophole!....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    +1 and the size should be limited and no handles attached otherwise they are assault cookers.
    You mean the "black thingy that goes up"?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •