Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stopped in Bellevue I looked sad

stopped in Bellevue I looked sad

was eating a hamburger at Burger King sitting out in the front yard buy my motorcycle

when all of the sudden every cop in Bellevue shows up

you know they're here to see you when they have that quizzical look ontheir face

only one person called the thought I looked sad they thought I was going to hurt myself the food at Burger King its not that bad

showed ID got the regular you know its not a smart thing to do nowadays

I asked him if it was a slow Sunday they said actually it's not.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Why did you show ID?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Why were you even carrying ID?

What post 2 and 3 said.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    What post 2 and 3 said.
    +1
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    was eating a hamburger at Burger King sitting out in the front yard buy my motorcycle

when all of the sudden every cop in Bellevue shows up

you know they're here to see you when they have that quizzical look ontheir face

only one person called the thought I looked sad they thought I was going to hurt myself the food at Burger King its not that bad

showed ID got the regular you know its not a smart thing to do nowadays

I asked him if it was a slow Sunday they said actually it's not.
    Dinner and a show. I have a great deal of free time. This could have been a lot of fun.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

What did any of the OP mean?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

thought I had to show ID

officer one asked me if I had a concealed pistol license and since I was carrying a second gun in concealed I felt obligated by law to show it to him

Well, need it(CPL) to carry, even openly, on a motorcycle, correct? So, unless it wasn't obvious that it wasn't your vehicle/conveyance, I can see a reason for an ask there.
    Last edited by Jamfish; 07-27-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamfish View Post
    Well, need it(CPL) to carry, even openly, on a motorcycle, correct? So, unless it wasn't obvious that it wasn't your vehicle/conveyance, I can see a reason for an ask there.
    No legal basis for any interaction with OP. NONE. But we already know the OP submits. Did you show them all the serial numbers you have written down? Or did you just hand the firearms over? You are no friend to OC.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Why did you show ID?
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Why were you even carrying ID?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    What post 2 and 3 said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    +1
    go along to get along. lol
    best to just prostrate yourself and beg for lenience for the crime of being a free man. It's for officers safety.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

For those that don't know the OP: He usually carries a xerox of his ID, CPL, serial numbers, and pictures of all his guns so he can point out which ones he's carrying that day. WW II Nazi Germany would make him a saint.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Really, No legal basis.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    No legal basis for any interaction with OP. NONE. But we already know the OP submits. Did you show them all the serial numbers you have written down? Or did you just hand the firearms over? You are no friend to OC.
    So if a police officer asks you for your cpl and you are carrying a gun concealed, it is you opinion that you they have no legal basis because they were called here for an open carry incident?

I stopped carrying those papers with my id and serial numbers, not enough room in my pockets.

Do you think those open carriers in Texas are friends of OC, because I don't want to be in that group.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 07-28-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    go along to get along. lol
    best to just prostrate yourself and beg for lenience for the crime of being a free man. It's for officers safety.
    The cops don't know whats going on, its there job to figure it out. I helped them figure it out at light speed. I bet your here for me, just sitting by my bike, having a burger and shake, in the shade, picnic style, yes I have a cpl,can I reach in my pocket to get it, the milkshake was good, sad? no officer the food here isn't that bad. Lt. says open carries not a smart thing to do nowadays, I reply peace and love Lt. Namaste, and the other officers crack up. Came across as a nice guy, didn't get guns pulled on me, cops go away with a funny open carry incident report to write, who knows they may even tease there Lt. in the future with peace and love, Namaste Lt. It was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    For those that don't know the OP: He usually carries a xerox of his ID, CPL, serial numbers, and pictures of all his guns so he can point out which ones he's carrying that day. WW II Nazi Germany would make him a saint.
    Just be careful, Im not a subhuman mongrel. By the way Ted Nugent called he wants his shirt back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teds shirt.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	11833  
    Last edited by jsanchez; 07-28-2014 at 01:08 AM.

The cops don't know whats going on, its there job to figure it out. I helped them figure it out at light speed. I bet your here for me, just sitting by my bike, having a burger and shake, in the shade, picnic style, yes I have a cpl,can I reach in my pocket to get it, the milkshake was good, sad? no officer the food here isn't that bad. Lt. says open carries not a smart thing to do nowadays, I reply peace and love Lt. Namaste, and the other officers crack up. Came across as a nice guy, didn't get guns pulled on me, cops go away with a funny open carry incident report to write, who knows they may even tease there Lt. in the future with peace and love, Namaste Lt. It was hilarious.
    It's hard...very hard to stand up for your rights.
    It's very easy to give someone a hard time on a forum when they don't do it.
    Even still it's frustrating to see people flop for the cops unnecessarily.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The cops don't know what's going on, it's their job to figure it out. I helped them figure it out at light speed. I bet you're here for me, just sitting by my bike, having a burger and shake, in the shade, picnic style, yes I have a cpl, can I reach in my pocket to get it, the milkshake was good, sad? No officer the food here isn't that bad. Lt. says open carry's not a smart thing to do nowadays, I reply peace and love Lt. Namaste, and the other officers crack up. Came across as a nice guy, didn't get guns pulled on me, cops go away with a funny open carry incident report to write, who knows they may even tease their Lt. in the future with peace and love, Namaste Lt. It was hilarious.
    FIFY

How about 'I do not consent to an encounter with you. You are free to go.'
    Last edited by Maverick9; 07-28-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Banned

Must a citizen have a CPL to OC?

Never disclose the presence of a Bug.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

So if a police officer asks you for your cpl and you are carrying a gun concealed, it is you opinion that you they have no legal basis because they were called here for an open carry incident?

I stopped carrying those papers with my id and serial numbers, not enough room in my pockets.

Do you think those open carriers in Texas are friends of OC, because I don't want to be in that group.
    Nope no PC or no RS.

They didn't know you were concealing, even if they did, they must not assume you are doing so unlawfully.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

You can be nice and still stand up for your rights.

I have said something to the effect of this, "No offense officer, but from the advice of my lawyer I don't volunteer information. You seem like a nice guy so I bet you know where I am coming from?"

A state trooper and a deputy both told me I was right and they understand, I have had others that didn't like it, that is their problem not ours for standing up for our rights. If they don't like it they really aren't/weren't interested in being friendly in the first place.

I couldn't be more disgusted by ignorant statements like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And exactly what indication would the police officers have the the OP was carrying a loaded handgun on the motorcycle? NONE. He was eating a hamburger at Burger King - not eating a hamburger sitting on his motorcycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Nope no PC or no RS.

They didn't know you were concealing, even if they did, they must not assume you are doing so unlawfully.
    LEO think, (back me on this Primus?) is usually, if you see one, there is another. It is rare that I encounter a Citizen with just one weapon. Look at yourself right now. Yes, you have a pistol in the holster, but then the bug, the knife (or two) and who knows what else. If I conceal and I am approached by a LEO(s) I too will admit to the bug and display the cpl. I know I am carrying and I will not break the law.
    On the other hand, if you approach me with the "attitude" you will be met with resistance.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

You either pull out your camera and make a dick of yourself On YT or you hate "liberty" this thread shows exactly what's wrong. OP posts a simple story and everyone's mad because he didn't handle I they would.... But if you dare question the assault rifle carriers you hate liberty sounds like a big double standard here
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    You either pull out your camera and make a dick of yourself On YT or you hate "liberty" this thread shows exactly what's wrong. OP posts a simple story and everyone's mad because he didn't handle I they would.... But if you dare question the assault rifle carriers you hate liberty sounds like a big double standard here
    Normally I don't agree with EMN much but he makes a valid point here - the prevalent attitude on the forums these days is to act like an a$$wipe to any officer who wants to talk to you about OC. The OP is FREE to CHOOSE whether to volunteer his CPL or any other information or not. Many of you would choose not to, but it is his right and his choice to reveal any information he deems relevant given that situation.

You can assert your rights without being an (insert expletive here.) This "my way or you are no friend of liberty" attitude is why I should no longer be on these boards.

I guess I am no friend of OC because I am choosing to conceal more often than not these days because I don't want to deal with potential unwanted attention .. right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast