• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stopped in Bellevue I looked sad

golddigger14s

Activist Member
So, because people are not perfect, not all criminals are bad either?

The police get a magical uniform that allows them to violate the laws, the rights of mere humans, commit perjury without recourse, and kill any animals they want to all with the okay of the police unions, judges, and prosecutors. How it is "bashing" when we are simply exposing the truth of what is going on?

I may not always be understood. I'm not saying that cops should get a free pass, I'm just saying that since they are human beings, they can screw up like anybody else. Unfortunately there are people that think because they are in uniform that they must know more than anybody else. We should not give up our rights under the "color of law". Maybe I've been lucky with the police encounters I've had in the past have been un-eventful. I just seems that people keep bringing up the bad apples, and that they (cops) are all bad. The guy in the Army that killed the 16 Afghan civilians was a bad thing. Does that make me a bad person, or the other gazillion service members past/present/future bad?

Freedom1Man

I may not always be understood. I'm not saying that cops should get a free pass, I'm just saying that since they are human beings, they can screw up like anybody else. Unfortunately there are people that think because they are in uniform that they must know more than anybody else. We should not give up our rights under the "color of law". Maybe I've been lucky with the police encounters I've had in the past have been un-eventful. I just seems that people keep bringing up the bad apples, and that they (cops) are all bad. The guy in the Army that killed the 16 Afghan civilians was a bad thing. Does that make me a bad person, or the other gazillion service members past/present/future bad?

Blindly following orders does, in my opinion, make someone a bad person.

OC for ME

Cops are not perfect. There are people in every industry that can ever be imagined that do things that are "bad". I am not defending improper actions by the police, but this thread is turning into bashing. 2 cents.
There does seem to be a drift but this thread is not painting with a broad brush in my view. The op indicates, sarcastically, that every BPD cop shows up just cuz of little ole him. Well, he rolled over for Da Man. He is getting dinged for it, he don't like it. He has one of two options, hand in with this thread or walk away. Either way, cops are not members of "every industry." No other "every industry" has their employees vested with the powers that cops have. The abuse of a citizen by a cop while he is "doing his job" is rarely addressed. When the abuse is addressed the cop(s) are rarely held to any meaningful account, in proportion to the abuse suffered by the citizen. The state goes above and beyond the call of duty to protect and insulate cop(s) from the negative consequences of their unlawful acts.

So, where does this leave us? You have had few if any negative encounters with cops...consider yourself lucky. I would suggest that you have discussions with OCers who reside in your own state. It seems there is a wealth of experience regarding cops, cop shops, and the state regarding the state and their dedication to We The People exercising our gun right.

tombrewster421

Stand up for liberties and rights equates being a d!ck for not immediately sacrificing them to costumed agents...........just doesn't compute.

ry6u8yqy.jpg

Dave_pro2a

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...gation-for-writing-80-percent-of-pot-tickets/
Department sources identified the officer as Randy Jokela, who has been on the force since 1990...

[He] has written about 80 percent of all tickets for using marijuana in public this year... (66 of 83 tickets between January and June)...

often adding a note requesting the attention of City Attorney Pete Holmes, a vocal supporter of Washington state’s legalization of marijuana...

Some of the tickets were addressed to “Petey Holmes.”...

In one case, the officer purportedly used a coin toss to decide which of two people he had stopped would receive a ticket. In another, he allegedly referred to the voter-approved legalization as “silly.”

The officer has been reassigned to duties other than patrol while the investigation is conducted.

“Please know that officers who perform professional and constitutional police service and enforcement will always have my full support,” [Police Chief] O’Toole’s statement said.

New police Chief, same as the old police Chief.

Officer Jokela = fair representation of the SPD imho, with maybe 50% less racism. Maybe.

jsanchez

so my video glasses from China finally arrived......

so next time this happens all I have to do is tell the officers that their being video recorded and let them go about their business.

Attachments

• 20140802_104622.jpg
    20140802_104622.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 87

jsanchez

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

Difdi

Well, need it(CPL) to carry, even openly, on a motorcycle, correct? So, unless it wasn't obvious that it wasn't your vehicle/conveyance, I can see a reason for an ask there.

So you leave the CPL in the same place you leave your driver license -- in the vehicle. Carry it when you need it, don't carry it when you don't. If you don't have it you can't show it, nor can it be taken from you.

retrodad

So you leave the CPL in the same place you leave your driver license -- in the vehicle. Carry it when you need it, don't carry it when you don't. If you don't have it you can't show it, nor can it be taken from you.

I can get behind that.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner