• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We can disarm Americans within a generation.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Bundy Ranch was a small taste of what the government could expect.

And the thing about Bundy is that I still don't know how worthy of a cause that was. There are many of us who did not support Bundy. I did not support the government, of course, but there was so much propaganda from both sides I couldn't find the truth about what the hell was going on out there.

Now you take something with a much more clear right side, and you will have far more opposition than the government saw at the Bundy ranch.

I also don't think the government is done out there. They are just waiting for the Reid name to be forgotten in regards to the shenanigans nearby.

Dario

Humm, so I guess all those guys during/after Katina didn't go door to door stealing guns with the local cops? All those videos must have been faked.

Since then 22 states have passed laws to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners by prohibiting the confiscation of firearms during a time of emergency.

I also don't see how they can get past the Heller ruling.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

davidmcbeth

Banned
Since then 22 states have passed laws to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners by prohibiting the confiscation of firearms during a time of emergency.

I also don't see how they can get past the Heller ruling.

These are just pieces of paper .. most people would gladly turn in their guns if a law was passed to do so (for the children)... even here:

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Luckily, I do not live by rule 15.

Those that do not turn in their guns will be treated to a Waco style hello from the fed .. http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...535-90ae-aaa2a6bc6aa8/516a486cb2844.image.jpg

OC for ME

... even here:

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Luckily, I do not live by rule 15. ...
+1

Eye...meet sharp stick.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
These are just pieces of paper .. most people would gladly turn in their guns if a law was passed to do so (for the children)... even here:

Luckily, I do not live by rule 15.

Those that do not turn in their guns will be treated to a Waco style hello from the fed ..http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...535-90ae-aaa2a6bc6aa8/516a486cb2844.image.jpg

No doubt some will.. perhaps a lot. But let's multiply that by 1,000 Wacos and Ruby Ridge's. How about 10,000. That's going to gain attention by a whole bunch of people. Congressmen, state legislators, state and local police, military personnel, the press, and on and on. They are going to see this and think something is terribly wrong, something is happening that they did not anticipate. People are not just rolling over and giving up their arms.

The thing in the white house, or any president for that matter, could not command enough people to do this sort of thing. It would backfire very quickly. In order for any sort of success to stand a change, a lot of prepping would have had to have been done beforehand and a situation would have to be in place at the social level to feed it. This is what they are trying to do now but there is still just too much resistance for them to get what they want. Sandy Hook was their hope and they desperately need a lot of those and more in order to get what they really want. Hell, they would even prime the pump to get there.

Desperate people do desperate things. Never trust an authority figure to whom you have given power over your life and property. This is the lesson of the Founders and it is as true today as it was in the late 18th century. Watch them like a hawk and never give up you ability to control them for there are two things which any despotic government absolutely must do if it is to complete its rise to tyrannical power:

• Control the dissemination of information.
  • Remove from the People their ability to resist.
Down through history this has always been the case and it will never change. The true folly of Man is that he continues to believe in the benevolence of government and sees its overreach as merely a tool of that benevolence.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

And the thing about Bundy is that I still don't know how worthy of a cause that was. There are many of us who did not support Bundy. I did not support the government, of course, but there was so much propaganda from both sides I couldn't find the truth about what the hell was going on out there.

Now you take something with a much more clear right side, and you will have far more opposition than the government saw at the Bundy ranch.

I also don't think the government is done out there. They are just waiting for the Reid name to be forgotten in regards to the shenanigans nearby.

+1

I think to many the right/wrong of Bundy was irrelevant, I agree win it comes to a more clear cut thing as a national gun grab they will be SOL.

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...
Desperate people do desperate things. Never trust an authority figure to whom you have given power over your life and property. This is the lesson of the Founders and it is as true today as it was in the late 18th century. Watch them like a hawk and never give up you ability to control them for there are two things which any despotic government absolutely must do if it is to complete its rise to tyrannical power:

• Control the dissemination of information.
  • Remove from the People their ability to resist.
Down through history this has always been the case and it will never change. The true folly of Man is that he continues to believe in the benevolence of government and sees its overreach as merely a tool of that benevolence.

Spot-on. Unfortunately, I have to agree with JTHunter's post; every time you watch a report involving a gun, you here nothing but the dangers of it, the "assault" (a VERB, mind you) configuration, the "high-caliber" :)rolleyes:), the "potential deaths", ad infinitum.
As for the ability to resist, every single law that makes the RKBA conditional is another infringement that moves them closer to this sinister goal. When will the masses understand that we don't need more gun laws, we need to repeal senseless, ineffective, knee-jerk, feel-good legislation.:banghead:

OC for ME

Despite the media's attempts to eliminate the 2A a good majority of our fellow citizens continue to exercise their right, the numbers speak for them selves. This indicates to me that We The People are not drinking the koolaid.

sudden valley gunner

Despite the media's attempts to eliminate the 2A a good majority of our fellow citizens continue to exercise their right, the numbers speak for them selves. This indicates to me that We The People are not drinking the koolaid.

+1

And look how the past few years there have been pro gun shows on cable TV. Guns have become popular again and murder rates and violent crime have been plummeting. Causation/Corelation....maybe not but this is happening despite the great increase in gun ownership.

Freedom1Man

Unfortunately, many of our 'fellow' gun owners have taken the blue pill/drank the government koolaid. You can tell who these people are by the fact that want 'us' to CC only, have a license to carry, are fine with background checks etc.

They too do not wish to have any responsibility for their actions. They are the ones who believe in "reasonable" infringements on your RTKBA. Shall not be infringed means that, yes, you do have the right to a thermonuclear bomb, but part of your responsibility for owning it, is keeping it secure, keeping it maintained, and keeping the radiation contained. Part of your owning a pistol is keeping it clean, in good repair, keeping it secure, etc so there is no difference really except the scale (and radiation).

The koolaid drinking gun owners, I believe, will not be there to help defend our/their rights in the future, they, I believe, will simply turn in their weapons to get whatever government hand out/permission slip (food purchase card) that is offered.

FTG-05

Unfortunately, many of our 'fellow' gun owners have taken the blue pill/drank the government koolaid. You can tell who these people are by the fact that want 'us' to CC only, have a license to carry, are fine with background checks etc.

They too do not wish to have any responsibility for their actions. They are the ones who believe in "reasonable" infringements on your RTKBA. Shall not be infringed means that, yes, you do have the right to a thermonuclear bomb, but part of your responsibility for owning it, is keeping it secure, keeping it maintained, and keeping the radiation contained. Part of your owning a pistol is keeping it clean, in good repair, keeping it secure, etc so there is no difference really except the scale (and radiation).

The koolaid drinking gun owners, I believe, will not be there to help defend our/their rights in the future, they, I believe, will simply turn in their weapons to get whatever government hand out/permission slip (food purchase card) that is offered.

Amen to that!

OC for ME

No arguments from me. However, I suspect that your insightful observation is a regional thing. We southerners are not prone to drinking koolaid...;)

...dang revenuers...:uhoh:

SouthernBoy

And what do you think the "lamestream media" is doing NOW??

Since I have already said what amounts to the same thing you wrote here, I don't understand your question... other than perhaps you missed what I said. Which is of course the media has been at this game for decades.

This is what the libs have been trying to do for the last 70-80 years. They are just ramping up their efforts because so many have already "swallowed the koolaid"!

Seventy to eighty years is not quite right. Try 50 years and you'd be a lot closer. I well remember what it was like in the 50's (60 years ago) and it was nowhere close to what we see today. The moves to restrict privately owned firearms in earnest began in the 60's, specifically because of three assassinations (JFK, MLK, and RFK). And they have never turned back in their attempts to disarm us. A lot of things occurred during that time that served to align these people who carried the flag of disarmament. More than just those murders. But they were the catalyst and the rallying point for their cause.

SouthernBoy

No arguments from me. However, I suspect that your insightful observation is a regional thing. We southerners are not prone to drinking koolaid...;)

...dang revenuers...:uhoh:

Lot of truth to this. Some years ago I saw an interesting statistic. Two "facts" that were reported were percentage of homes in the South with firearms was 78% while in the northeast, it was 22%.

2AFriendly

They are playing the "long game." This is why each tiny compromise must be fought. No more compromises!

Gil223

They are playing the "long game." This is why each tiny compromise must be fought. No more compromises!
I believe one of the tools they are using, is the indoctrination of schoolchildren to believe that, "Guns are bad. Pictures of guns are bad. Food chewed into the shape of a gun is bad, and pointing your finger like a gun is bad." This is done in the hopes that after completing public school, they will be good little brainwashed anti-gun, anti-constitution, anti-freedom robots. Pax... :mad: